Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest blu-ray player with usb slot ???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

What about this one from Amazon as i tried to get one y'day in the lightning deals.
    As i'm looking for a good but reasonable one myself but dont know which one to choose as i have a samsung tv & wonder if to get the same brand as it may go with the features it has on the tv.

Did you get any of them as they sound good for gifts, but what one would you choose for yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dublin8681

I still do not know what one to get, still looking around for the cheapest also..... cheapest in a shop is the currys one still so far.....

Yeah its a bit daunting, as i'm looking for one as well, hopefully closer to christmas our minds maybe made up quicker!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Zardoz

dublin8681 wrote: »
    Cheapest blu-ray player with usb slot

Does anyone know the cheapest around? looking to get 2 of these as xmas presents......
    found this one at €69.99 http://www.currys.ie/Product/SAMSUNG-BDE5300-Bluray-Player/312981/145.1

Thats a very good Blu-Ray player .
    It has Smart functionality and plays 3D discs.
    It also has an optical audio out for connection to an amp.

• Advertisement

Zardoz wrote: »
    Thats a very good Blu-Ray player .
    It has Smart functionality and plays 3D discs.
    It also has an optical audio out for connection to an amp.

I'm new to this, how do u mean smart functionality also where does it say it can play 3d discs?

Thanks.

I'm new to this, how do u mean smart functionality also where does it say it can play 3d discs?

Thanks.
    Sorry,I meant this one,same price.
    http://www.currys.ie/Product/LG-BP520-3D-Bluray-Player/313445/145.1

Thanks, i'll have a look at it later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

Zardoz wrote: »

Just a quick question bout this..so i have an old samsung home cinema setup (tall boy speakers sub woofer connected to dvd receiver/amp thingy) and if i connect this to the lg dvd player using the optical audio cable will i get the surround sound when watching dvds on the lg player? Sorry i'm a major moron with this stuff :o

jmorrisey wrote: »
    Just a quick question bout this..so i have an old samsung home cinema setup (tall boy speakers sub woofer connected to dvd receiver/amp thingy) and if i connect this to the lg dvd player using the optical audio cable will i get the surround sound when watching dvds on the lg player? Sorry i'm a major moron with this stuff :o
    Sorry for the late reply ,but yes ,if you connect the optical out to your surround system it will play surround sound ,5.1 etc .

• Advertisement
Advertisement