Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

7dayshop free shipping to Ireland

• 20-11-2012 3:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭

I seems www.7dayshop.com is doing free shipping to Ireland :)
    just ordered Bitdefender total security 2011 3 user 1 year for £8.19 GBP, I think you can upgrade to 2013
    once your install & register

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Excellent, they were always on my shopping list until they stopped shipping to Ireland a good while back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭wait4me

Excellent - I gave up on these guys when they put (High) P&P on a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭lensman

slave1 wrote: »
    Excellent, they were always on my shopping list until they stopped shipping to Ireland a good while back.
    I've been dealing with them for years & years, don't ever remember them NOT shipping to Ireland although they did bump up the p&p to Ireland about 3yrs ago....I'm open to correction.

lensman - they did, and continued to, ship to Ireland. I gave up on them when they hiked up the P&P cost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Doesn't say anything about it on the delivery page but great news if they have free P&P.

• Advertisement

Oracle wrote: »
    Doesn't say anything about it on the delivery page but great news if they have free P&P.
    here's my paypal invoice.
    Dublin
    Ireland
    Shipping details

Bitdefender Total Security 2011 Software - 3 Users - 1 Year Protection
    Item# BDTS20113U1YR £6.66 GBP 1 £6.66 GBP
    Subtotal £6.66 GBP
    Tax £1.53 GBP
    Total £8.19 GBP
    Payment £8.19 GBP
    Charge will appear on your credit card statement as "PAYPAL *7DAYSHOPCOM"
    Payment sent to support@7dayshop.co.uk

Yep - just ordered some little things there and its free P&P to Ireland - thanks lensman

wait4me wrote: »
    Yep - just ordered some little things there and its free P&P to Ireland - thanks lensman
    yeah, great news, just talked to them on their live chat gizmo & they confirmed free p&p to Ireland also.....now for some stocking fillers;)
    My missus is paying €26 for these here in Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,906 ✭✭✭Zardoz

lensman wrote: »
    yeah, great news, just talked to them on their live chat gizmo & they confirmed free p&p to Ireland also.....now for some stocking fillers;)
    Superb stuff,just picked up an Edimax modem router for £13 .
    Did they mention if delivery to Ireland will be free from now on or is it a limited tme offer ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

That's great, I used to use them before they ramped up the shipping costs a few years ago too! They do pretty good own brand rechargeable batteries too. I have some for years and still going strong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭Cameraman

I've continued to buy from them for years - even with the highish P&P. They were charging it up to about last week - my most recent order - but delivery was by courier in 2 days (in a single package - for those who remember their previous, by-installments, method).

One big change from years ago is that they are no longer based in the Channel Islands, but on the UK mainland - and they now add VAT.

One big reason I continued to use them, is that I found their own-brand printer ink (for Canon) to be the best value I could find (not the absolute cheapest, but good quality at the price).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭Soarer

64gb USB 3.0 Key for £30 delivered? All over that! Yoink!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭Amouar

Zardoz wrote: »
    Superb stuff,just picked up an Edimax modem router for £13 .
    Did they mention if delivery to Ireland will be free from now on or is it a limited tme offer ?

Looks like a great price for a modem router.

Did you find any review for it on the net? apart from the one in the site itself.

Thanks

Amouar wrote: »
    Looks like a great price for a modem router.

Did you find any review for it on the net? apart from the one in the site itself.

Thanks
    I found a basic review on an Italian site
    http://www.megalab.it/7930/router-wireless-adsl2-edimax-ar-7167wna
    I have a couple of Edimax access points and they are quality.
    I bought this as a back up router but at that price you cant go wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

are 7dayshop items still liable for duty like they use to be

edit: it seems they are now shipping from england so won't be

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

wait4me wrote: »
    Excellent - I gave up on these guys when they put (High) P&P on a couple of years ago.

Ah, high P+P is that what it was, been a few years!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭davehey79

thinking of trying thses where do you get the refills for them no nothing about them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

davehey79 wrote: »
    thinking of trying thses where do you get the refills for them no nothing about them

Same here, would like to get one as well for my mum who bought an electronic USB cigarette for €10 charged it for almost 2 days & still didnt work
    Also does it have a multicharger for wall & usb?
    The low cost option. This is great for "social" and smokers or those that don't need 2 chargers and have access to USB power sources.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Good to hear. I too dealt with them for years until the P&P charges, good company to deal with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Ordered something last week for £3 and it was delivered in 2 - 3 days by courier with free postage

• Advertisement

Just to add Deal Extreme (www.dx.com) have some similar items cheaper so it's good to check both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Just to add Deal Extreme (www.dx.com) have some similar items cheaper so it's good to check both.

Don't expect to get the goods pre Christmas at this stage from DX, their shipping is atrocious IME

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭vard

vicwatson wrote: »
    Don't expect to get the goods pre Christmas at this stage from DX, their shipping is atrocious IME

Yeah that's true, although shipping is free, and some of the stuff is mega cheap. It's fine if you don't mind waiting a few weeks.

davehey79 wrote: »
    If your serious about electronic cigs you should realy go for the rechargeable & refillable types here & here & here, they look a bit like a fountain pen but they are great to use, I got mine from tinydeal in (china) so they can take 2~3 week to arrive but they are far cheaper in the long run, buy some liquid as well to refill the cartridges, the 2 packs are around €12 to €15 delivered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Only if its available from the EU warehouse, so as to avoid the lottery that is Irish Customs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Soarer wrote: »
    64gb USB 3.0 Key for £30 delivered? All over that! Yoink!

Which one did you go for? Need a fast/large USB key and these prices are nice and competitive. Need a new SD card anyway so impulse shopping ftw :D

Just received the router I ordered on Tuesday .
    Delivered by DPD courier.Top service .
    Great spot O.P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭Cameraman

are 7dayshop items still liable for duty like they use to be

edit: it seems they are now shipping from england so won't be

However - they now have to charge VAT and they didn't before.

• Advertisement

Only if its available from the EU warehouse, so as to avoid the lottery that is Irish Customs.

I mostly order stuff way under €20 from DX, and because delivery is free I order items separately, so no customs. They're real cheap for cables, connectors, little USB gadgets, etc .... things you get fleeced for here. I never paid customs on anything from DX, usually comes from Hong Kong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Hi,

What are the shipping times like for 7 day shop?

And what's the quality of their own brand SDHC 16 Gb card for a DSLR like does anyone know?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

thanks op

• Registered Users Posts: 16 CADDmaster

Received to-day from 7dayshop.com/customer/accounts

We used to charge £5.95 for postage Ireland

We recently changed website and systems and have just introduced a new range of postal options.

Unfortunately due to rising Costs we have re-introduced a lower charge of £3.95.

I am afraid the Free option is no longer available.

All good things come to an end!

CADDmaster

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

bah, only see this now. used them years ago when they had free/cheap postage. cant remember which one.
    but when they hiked it up I stopped.. would have ordered a few battery if I saw this earlier..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Went on and looking for ink cartridges for 4.95£ and a £4.50 delivery charge applied!
    90% valuie of the goods?!?
    WTF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 CADDmaster

The £3.95 would appear to be a minimum charge excluding VAT

I have placed an order which is of a low weight and would probably fit in a A4 jiffy bag.

Shipping & Handling £4.85
    VAT Ireland (23%) £1.11

Total £5.96

Quote” We used to charge £5.95 for postage to Ireland.”

Caveat emptor "Let the buyer beware"

CADDmaster

ah well, was good while it lasted, I managed to order a few things before the free shipping ended, in the past the shipping remained the same whether ordered one item or a ton of stuff.

Advertisement