Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music you just don't get

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭megadodge

My brother's big into Bowie and has been for years, so I've listened to enough to know I'm not interested in listening to any more.

I knew I'd get a defensive reaction, but try not to take it personally, I simply have different taste to you. That's all it is - personal taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

megadodge wrote: »
    I knew I'd get a defensive reaction, but try not to take it personally, I simply have different taste to you. That's all it is - personal taste.

You didn't get a defensive reaction, I think the ensuing comments were perfectly calm..!

I was just pointing out that I found it strange that you'd think Space Oddity was 'utterly brilliant', but not enojy Ziggy Stardust or Life on Mars or Suffragette City or Queen Bitch or whatever; stuff from the same era. The Berlin trilogy etc. are obviously much different, and cater to different tastes in a way.
    In other words, if you hated Space Oddity too it would nearly make more sense to me!

EDIT: Just noticed your sig, I see a pattern emerging :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭megadodge

Sinfonia wrote: »
    You didn't get a defensive reaction, I think the ensuing comments were perfectly calm..!

I was just pointing out that I found it strange that you'd think Space Oddity was 'utterly brilliant', but not enojy Ziggy Stardust or Life on Mars or Suffragette City or Queen Bitch or whatever; stuff from the same era. The Berlin trilogy etc. are obviously much different, and cater to different tastes in a way.
    In other words, if you hated Space Oddity too it would nearly make more sense to me!

EDIT: Just noticed your sig, I see a pattern emerging :P

That's a fair point I suppose.

Actually I forgot Life on Mars, which I quite enjoy.

If you're comparing Shakie with Bowie, give me David any day!!

Edit: I meant Space Oddity the song - not the album, maybe that caused some confusion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet but... opera. Y u no sound tolerable?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Zero1986 wrote: »
    Don't know if it's been mentioned yet but... opera. Y u no sound tolerable?

I haven't really listened to much opera but operatic vocals in other genres generally sound ok.

• Advertisement

Anyone who tells me to:
    a) "put my hands in the air",
    b) let them hear me "make some noise",
    c) when they say that when they say "whooo-ooahh" I also have to repeat whooo-ooahh". And inevitably the guy on stage can't hear me so he insists I say it louder.

Call me a grumpy old fart if you must, but I get more satisfaction from the fact that knowing I am right.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,407 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

bruce springsteen. awful growly tripe altogether.

Advertisement