Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unlock iPhone 4s on Orange UK network ?

• 20-11-2012 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

hey
    my friend got an iphone 4s off her brother in england , but its locked to orange network..
    i dont think he can get it unlocked because his contract was terminated or something..
    but anyway the phone was working perfect , we want to unlock it to use on vodafone ireland network ..

what should we do ? will a gevey sim work ?
    one place said they might be able to do it but it would be 140 euros and need the phone for 10 days

any help appreciated , thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

Is the contract with Orange over? If it is and he has paid his termination fees he should be allowed unlock it through them.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

BroLo wrote: »
    Is the contract with Orange over? If it is and he has paid his termination fees he should be allowed unlock it through them.

thats wat i thought , but i think they ended his contract or something i dont really know the full story .. she doesnt mind paying to get it unlock but needs it fast as she has no phone at the mo..

anyone know what to do no ??:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

NIALL D wrote: »
    anyone know what to do no ??:confused:

Orange should unlock it for 15.32GBP but from your description, it doesn't sound as though their parting was a happy one.

culabula wrote: »
    Orange should unlock it for 15.32GBP but from your description, it doesn't sound as though their parting was a happy one.

yes thats true, i think his contract was cancalled from there side.
    but the phone was still in use after that ..
    is there a site we can use to get it unlocked for that price or would we have to go through orange ?
    orange network is down at the moment also along with t-mobile as there joining together to make a new network provider ee !!!

• Advertisement

yes thats true, i think his contract was cancalled from there side.
    but the phone was still in use after that ..
    is there a site we can use to get it unlocked for that price or would we have to go through orange ?
    orange network is down at the moment also along with t-mobile as there joining together to make a new network provider ee !!!

No, you request unlocking via Orange.

Neither T-Mobile nor Orange "are down" -I am a customer of both and am currently on the T-Mobile site browsing thEIr forum. EE is a separate network powered by both of them.

oo right ok , i was misinformed so by a fella from kilkenny who unlocks phones , thats the story he told me !! :o

and on this site it shows both as temporarly unavailable .... http://www.iunlox.co.uk/networks.php

anyway , when i turn on the phone it says activation required , does this mean i would have to activate it with an orange sim first , then do the unlock ?

as it is you cant do anything really.. only emergency calls etc , cant even get into standby or anything...

cant even type the *#06# for imei , but we got that off a reciept from when phone was bought so at least that might help some bit ??!!

oo right ok , i was misinformed so by a fella from kilkenny who unlocks phones , thats the story he told me !! :o

and on this site it shows both as temporarly unavailable .... http://www.iunlox.co.uk/networks.php

anyway , when i turn on the phone it says activation required , does this mean i would have to activate it with an orange sim first , then do the unlock ?

as it is you cant do anything really.. only emergency calls etc , cant even get into standby or anything...

cant even type the *#06# for imei , but we got that off a reciept from when phone was bought so at least that might help some bit ??!!

If you go to orange.co.uk, you will see that the site is available.

From there, you may request unlocking or choose to ring them. However, depending on the nature of the divorce whether you will be successful or not is another matter. The charge is 15.32GBP.

If a SIM other than that of Orange UK is placed in this handset, it will then say "activation required". However, activation can only take place when the unlock instruction has been ordered by Orange/Apple. Have you tried connecting it to iTunes at this stage?

ive tryed a few spare sims in it , vodafone , meteor and three , whichever i try it will show coverage up in the corner , but i cant get past the activation required part ..
    yes i connected to itunes , but i cant do anything really !!

ive tryed a few spare sims in it , vodafone , meteor and three , whichever i try it will show coverage up in the corner , but i cant get past the activation required part ..
    yes i connected to itunes , but i cant do anything really !!

No, you can't because it's locked. You will need to approach Orange UK to request unlocking.

• Advertisement

culabula wrote: »
    No, you can't because it's locked. You will need to approach Orange UK to request unlocking.

cheers , if going that route doesnt work , will someone be able to unlock it anyway ? dont really mind whatever it costs !!! ?

cheers , if going that route doesnt work , will someone be able to unlock it anyway ? dont really mind whatever it costs !!! ?

You might get it jailbroken or partially unlocked, but if you don't mind what it costs then ring Orange UK first (or see if there is a form onsite that can be filled in) or get the original owner to initiate the unlocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

To activate it you just need an orange sim. The unlock request doesn't have to done first. Try here with the unlock if orange won't do it
    http://unlockguru.co.uk/cart/item/parent/1008/imei/20/92cc227532d17e56e07902b254dfad10/OrangeTMob-UK-UNDER-TEST--iPhone-3GS-4-amp-4S.html

thanks culabula and guil for your help.... much appreciated ;)

@guil , on that site it says --Orange/T-Mob UK (UNDER TEST}
    what does that mean exactly ? and one fella i rang said that orange phones can only be unlocked by the network themselves is this true ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Not sure tbh. Contact the site and ask. The way the imei unlocks works is they have someone in x company who will process the unlock request and get the phone officially unlocked

• Registered Users Posts: 3 runran

You can contact either the network provider or other third party providers.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

runran wrote: »
    You can contact either the network provider or other third party providers.

Seriously, you dug up a 3 month old thread to pass on those pearls of wisdom?:confused:

Advertisement