Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beef Jerky

Options
  • 20-11-2012 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to build muscle at the moment, been doing so for the last year or so, i have a good diet and train regularly. I read somewhere that that guy 'Taylor Lautner', Jacob from Twilight (yes i'm a fan:o) ate shed loads of beef jerky while putting on muscle.

Anyone tried them before or noticed if they work?

Gracias

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Dietsquirt wrote: »
    Twilight

:(

Seriously though, it's just dehydrated meat (with salt and some other stuff). It'll 'work' in the same way as meat does! Although you'll get more protein/kg from it due to the dehydration.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 immigant

Get big, get Glitter-Bejazzled-Emo-Vampire big!

Move thread to personnel issues forum
    (it's just meat and no water)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

I got beef jerky from Stewarts Meat Market in Seattle and it was better than most steaks I've eaten. If I lived there, I reckon I'd be dead within a week from eating so much. There's a serious niche for it over here, all this Biltong **** just doesn't cut it.

This doesn't answer your question OP, I just like to talk about food.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 PTC Frankston

For the amount of protein you get its too expensive in Australia, but it does taste good

• Registered Users Posts: 39,377 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

For the amount of protein you get its too expensive in Australia, but it does taste good

What do you consider expensive.
    Say price per 25g protein?

• Advertisement

Well I can get a rump steak for under $3 that has 60 grams of protein here, no comparison

Well I can get a rump steak for under $3 that has 60 grams of protein here, no comparison
    Billtong and jerky could probably be had for $5 per 60g - not hugely expensive. That's If I'm remember the price correctly - I'll double check.

How big is the steak for $3. I imagine 200-240g. But I don't buy rump much as its not great steak imo. But A pub near me has a $0 steak offer once a week. Buy a drink, any drink, beer, soft drink, milk - and get a free steak. Hard deal to beat ;)

$5 for 60gm is expensive, thats close to $85kg

Rump is about $9kg

Porterhouse is $11kg

Eye fillet is $23kg

Chicken breast is $9kg

Im not much into packaged convenience foods, or eating out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Mellor wrote: »
    But A pub near me has a $0 steak offer once a week. Buy a drink, any drink, beer, soft drink, milk - and get a free steak. Hard deal to beat ;)

Thats a great deal !! :D

$5 for 60gm is expensive, thats close to $85kg
    I think you misunderstood, I was talking about per 60g protein, as per the steak. So a 80-100g packet or whatever. Handy enough on the go.
    Rump is about $9kg

Porterhouse is $11kg

Eye fillet is $23kg

Chicken breast is $9kg

Im not much into packaged convenience foods, or eating out
    Hmmm,
    Where do you get those prices?
    Chicken looks about right, but I never get steak that cheap.

• Advertisement
Advertisement