Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kindle fire in Ireland

Options
2»

Comments

R.F. wrote: »
    So this has been officially the biggest waste of cash I have ever forked out.

I did no research as I just assumed there would be no issue with apps. Is it likely that the issue will ever be resolved?

Also on the video player, I have put some TV shows onto it, but it only shows a screen shot and not the actual file name. So it is a pain when trying to watch a TV show in episode order.

It’s probably something obvious, but anyone know where the setting is to change that?

your really need to root it (google root kindle fire and you'll find guides) now that it's too late to buy a nexus 7 which you should have bought instead :)
    Amazon won't allow access to play store as the whole point of the device is to sell stuff from Amazon, not google.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

You can use the Amazon App Store in Ireland to download the free apps using these steps.

Create a fake US ID using the fakenamegenerator, this gives a fake address and mastercard number as well which can be used for one-click buying of free apps but not paid ones

Create a new email address or if you're a gmail user you can use your current gmail address with/without a decimal place. Gmail does not deal with decimal points so emails sent to firstname.lastname@gmail.com and firstnamelastname@gmail.com will go to the same inbox

Create an amazon.com account using these new details and be sure to turn on one click buying, verifying your email address etc.

Then just open the appstore on your Kindle Fire and sign in using these details.

This may also work for UK fake names and amazon.co.uk accounts but I have not tested this yet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Dont think your allowed recommend things like fake cc generators colm....or other ways of circumventing their security...but i guess it would work..
    You can use the Amazon App Store in Ireland to download the free apps using these steps.

Create a fake US ID using the fakenamegenerator, this gives a fake address and mastercard number as well which can be used for one-click buying of free apps but not paid ones

Create a new email address or if you're a gmail user you can use your current gmail address with/without a decimal place. Gmail does not deal with decimal points so emails sent to firstname.lastname@gmail.com and firstnamelastname@gmail.com will go to the same inbox

Create an amazon.com account using these new details and be sure to turn on one click buying, verifying your email address etc.

Then just open the appstore on your Kindle Fire and sign in using these details.

This may also work for UK fake names and amazon.co.uk accounts but I have not tested this yet

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Carter P Fly

All of a sudden I can use the amazon.com app store on my 1st gen us kindle fire. Up until now I couldn't use either the .com or the .co.Uk app store but could buy books on the. Com site. My account uses my Ireland cc. Perhaps its a glitch so I wont be asking amazon about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,915 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Are you only able to buy books or are you actually able to buy apps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Carter P Fly

I can now Buy Books AND Apps from the amazon.com site.

I used to be able to buy only Books, NOT Apps from the amazon.com site.

I CANNOT buy Books OR Apps from the amazon.co.uk site.

I have NEVER been able to buy Books or Apps from the amazon.co.uk site.

My Kindle fire is an american 1st gen version bought off and registered to the amazon.com site.

Hope this clarifies.

I can now download apps for free through the UK store! YAY!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

And you can subscribe to the Kindle Daily Deal too! I got Ben Goldacre's Bad Science for 99p a few months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 cullenman

Cant use appetite again now. What's going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 cullenman

Sorry. Meant apppstore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Lawros Tache

I contacted Amazon last night looking to have the ad-screens removed, which they advertise to do for stg£10.

The guy got back saying he would waive the fee and all i had to do was activate wi-fi then restart.

Now i got a totally ad-free kindle fire :-)

Probably not the most significant development but the ads were bugging me and now they're back to nice screensaver pics again...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Is there any update on using the app store in Ireland on Kindle Fire devices? Is there support for us now?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 passwo

Does anyone know if it is possible to transfer movies/series onto a kindle fire from a laptop?

Is there any update on using the app store in Ireland on Kindle Fire devices? Is there support for us now?

Yes, we've been able to download as we wish for a while now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

anyone know if Netflix works on a Kindle Fire (not HD)

Advertisement