Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with wifi and ps3!!

Options
  • 20-11-2012 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭

Can anyone help i bought a new netgear router about a year ago and since i'm having trouble with the connection to the ps3.
    The routers home is in the hall at the main phone line into the house my bedroom is upstairs about 3 metres from the router, now my ps3 connection test says i have 97% signal strength but i cant get a connection.
    when i move my ps3 downstairs to the sitting room which is about 3 to 4 metres away too i can go online no problems or when i put the router in my room close to the ps3 it has no problems.
    It seems to be whatever is between my room and the router which is a floor and a wardrobe and a wall.i dunno whats blocking the data going through it tells me when i do the test that:
    97% signal
    Freq:channel 1
    the rest is just about the ip address and that.

Distances are just estimates and not too far off plus i get 100% connection in the sitting room

Advertisement