Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas tree markup?

Options
  • 20-11-2012 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭

Good evening all,

I always wandered what kind of a markup does the guy we get our Christmas trees off have on the trees?

Presuming the total cost is in the region of €45-€60 for a decent one..:D

And is it just me or are christmas trees after losing that sweet aroma they once had..? :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

The "perfect" triangular, evenly spaced 8ft tall tree can take nearly 20 years to grow.

On the top quality trees, I don't think the mark-up is that much considering the work that goes into it, plus people haggle hard.

The cheap imports may well have greater markup.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭DAZP93

The "perfect" triangular, evenly spaced 8ft tall tree can take nearly 20 years to grow.

On the top quality trees, I don't think the mark-up is that much considering the work that goes into it, plus people haggle hard.

The cheap imports may well have greater markup.

Sound like theres not a huge markup, although if your paying 50 quid to a guy for 1 tree whos after buying 500..hes hardly after paying €20,000 (for arguements sake that would be cost price of €40 x 500 giving him profits of 10-€20 a tree).

But after all its Christmas :D

Advertisement