Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3d secure password

Options
  • 20-11-2012 6:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭

Can someone tell me what the hell is a 3d Secure password and where am I supposed to find it?
    Awful annoying trying to order stuff online and not being able to.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kkapp

have a look here it is all explained. You create the password not the bank. You are able to create it once the site you are using supports 3d secure. http://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/credit-cards/3d-secure/#q1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

kkapp wrote: »
    have a look here it is all explained. You create the password not the bank. You are able to create it once the site you are using supports 3d secure. http://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/credit-cards/3d-secure/#q1
    It's says that I sign the receipt using my personal 3d password yet it doesn't tell me how I'm supposed to create one. Ridiculous. Typical bank of Ireland bullcrap.
    Will just to do with PayPal for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kkapp

It is actually fairly straight forward once you use a site that offer 3d secure. Say for example you use www.irishrail.ie or www.ticketmaster.ie (both these retailers have signed up for 3d secure) you make the purchase as normal and when you go to checkout you will be brought to a secure BOI page and asked to create a 3d secure password. Once you create the password of your choice the transaction completes. The next time you use a site using 3d secure you will be prompted to enter the password that you created. It is for your benefit to have the password,.

Thanks for your help but I've never been asked to create a password just asked to enter it.
    Doesn't surprise me with boi though, this is right up their street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi Patsy fyre,

KKap is correct. It's a fairly straight forward process. If you are being asked to enter a password, then you have completed the registration process at some stage in the past. If you no longer remember the password that you chose, you can easily change it online the next time you are asked it.

On the next occasion that you are asked for your 3d Secure password, simply click on the 'Forgot your Password' link that is shown on the password entry screen. You will then be able to reset the password to something that will be more memorable.

If an incorrect password has been entered too many times you will be informed on screen. In this case you will need to contact our 3d Secure team to have it unlocked. They can be reached by phoning 0818 251 251 and then choosing option 1 and then option 3.

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks
    Pat

• Advertisement

Cheers but as I said I've never created a password. I'll check it out the next time it pops up and see if I can reset the password.

Advertisement