Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firefox problem

Options
  • 20-11-2012 8:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

Over the last few days, my browser is not opening any new tabs-for anything. Usually when I go online, all the past websites I've visited appeared in boxes- click on one to open that site. Now all I have is one box with MSN and the rest are empty-even typing the web address gets no response. To get any address I have to search thru Bing and click on the result to open the site.
    Any suggestions?:confused: Thanks.
    Just started Firefox in safe mode, and all the tabs of past viewed webpages appear-just wonder how to have this happen outside of safe mode- apparently I have no addons to worry about...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

Over the last few days, my browser is not opening any new tabs-for anything. Usually when I go online, all the past websites I've visited appeared in boxes- click on one to open that site. Now all I have is one box with MSN and the rest are empty-even typing the web address gets no response. To get any address I have to search thru Bing and click on the result to open the site.
    Any suggestions?:confused: Thanks.
    Just started Firefox in safe mode, and all the tabs of past viewed webpages appear-just wonder how to have this happen outside of safe mode- apparently I have no addons to worry about...

bing is causing your issue.. uninstall the bing toolbar/bing desktop

i had a similar issue and removing the bing toolbar/desktop fixed it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭periodictable

bing is causing your issue.. uninstall the bing toolbar/bing desktop

i had a similar issue and removing the bing toolbar/desktop fixed it
    Thanks, but i don't have a Bing toolbar-it's just Firefox-I had downloaded an MSN screensaver couple of days back, so just got rid of it. Still unable to type in address, hit enter and get to a domain though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Firblog

Tools -> options -> general -> homepage -> restore to default

Firblog wrote: »
    Tools -> options -> general -> homepage -> restore to default
    Thanks but no go

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I had the same problem recently, un-installed and re-installed an earlier version. And then updated to latest.

Sorted it for me.

• Advertisement

thanks will give it a shot

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

Thanks, but i don't have a Bing toolbar-it's just Firefox-I had downloaded an MSN screensaver couple of days back, so just got rid of it. Still unable to type in address, hit enter and get to a domain though.

is the url box missing? if yes hit F11 to restore it

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I had the same problem recently, un-installed and re-installed an earlier version. And then updated to latest.

Sorted it for me.
    Yep done the trick-all the suggestions appreciated everyone!:D

Advertisement