Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very first build, have a few questions

Options
  • 20-11-2012 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi there, I'm building a new computer, using this as a reference. The PC I have chosen is the "Very Good" one ($653)

I'm wondering whether any of you have any suggestions to improve the performance, without adding extra cost. I also want to know where to buy the parts and whether I'll need to get some sort of different plug, if I'm buying from America.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

If you're living in Ireland don't buy from the US as you will incur heavy import duties. Fill out these questions and post back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 zapdogre

My budget is €650, but that must include OS

Purpose will be gaming

I need a copy of windows. (I have a hard drive with windows installed on it, though. Could I use that?)

I do not need a monitor. It's resolution is 1920x1080, I don't plan on upgrading at least for a few years

I need a keyboard, mouse and wireless card

I am not willing to try overclocking

I can pay buy debit card

I need the parts delivered by Christmas

I don't need help building it

• Registered Users Posts: 4 zapdogre

I've made the following build. Are all the components compatible? Do you have any improvements you could make? My budget is roughly 650 euro
    Sapphire Radeon HD7770 GPU £88
    Logitech MK260 Wireless Mouse + Keyboard £19.97
    CiT Mars Midi Tower Gaming Case with 2 x Blue LED Fans & LED Display - No PSU £35.50
    Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB SATAIII 6Gb/s 16MB Cache 3.5 inch Internal Hard Drive OEM £46.97
    Sony AD-7280S-0B 24x Internal SATA DVD Multi Writer Black Bare £17,29
    OCZ OCZ-CXS500W-UK CoreXStream Series 500W Power Supply £36.50
    ASRock Z75 Pro3 Motherboard (Socket 1155, Intel Z75, DDR3, S-ATA 600, ATX) £76.06
    Kingston 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 Non-ECC CL9 DIMM Memory £14.46
    Intel i3-2120 Sandybridge Core i3 Dual-Core Processor ? 3.30GHz, 3MB Cache, Socket 1155, 3 Year Warranty, Retail Boxed £88.84
    This all comes to about £448.58, which is roughly 557.4863 euro, so I can make improvements up to 100 euro.

Advertisement