Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cracked screen on an IPOD Touch - can I replace it?

• 20-11-2012 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

Hi folks, dropped my son's IPOD Touch - the screen not cracked but shattered:mad:but appears to be working ok - can I get the screen replaced anywhere?? cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭massy086

bobsman wrote: »
    Hi folks, dropped my son's IPOD Touch - the screen not cracked but shattered:mad:but appears to be working ok - can I get the screen replaced anywhere?? cheers

what ipod touch model is it there should be a model number on the back

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭bobsman

Just says 8GB on the back and a serial no which I cannot make out!! I'm getting quotes for €60/€70 which seems v.high!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Go to settings>general>about to check the model.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Just says 8GB on the back and a serial no which I cannot make out!! I'm getting quotes for €60/€70 which seems v.high!!
    If it's a 3rd /4th gen, they are a trick enough DIY repair but very possible if you are handy. The replacement screen / LCD are bonded and both need to be replaced as one unit. Plenty of instructionals on YouTube. Did one myself for the daughter. The parts were about 15-20€ from eBay IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭bobsman

Thanks dodz - I'm handy enough to be honest:)have fixed many a banjaxed thing in the house - just don't want to finish the Ipod off completly - I saw a few tutorials on Youtube - might give it a go!! was your attempt successful?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Thanks dodz - I'm handy enough to be honest:)have fixed many a banjaxed thing in the house - just don't want to finish the Ipod off completly - I saw a few tutorials on Youtube - might give it a go!! was your attempt successful?

It was, yes. Maybe 1hrs work. Then she dropped the feckin thing again about 2 mths later. Cracked this time as opposed to smashed. Funny really, she hasn't once brought it up as an issue this time:rolleyes:

( and if she does, she can bloody whistle for it........ )

Advertisement