Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to live drogheda???

Options
  • 20-11-2012 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm moving to Dunleer for work in a couple of weeks and am looking at renting a room somewhere in the Drogheda area preferably close to town. Dont know anybody in the area to ask wheres a good place to live and theres an extemely limited selection on daft / leader classifieds.

All help greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Will you be driving or getting the bus?

If driving then somewhere like Ashfield or Fountain Hill on the northside, grand estates and easy access out onto the motorway northbound - no going through town or caught in traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭ep71

i'll be driving and prob take the old road rather than the motorway, cheers for the info!

Just as easy getting onto the old road from there too. Ashfield is between the North Road and Trinity Street and both will lead up to the old road. From Fountain Hill go straight up mell to the roundabout and turn right and take the left at the next roundabout onto the old road.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

or you could always just rent in Dunleer?! :pac:

kormak wrote: »
    or you could always just rent in Dunleer?! :pac:

I would imagine the OP considered that but the rental options are few and far between as he alluded to in his first post. If you have a look on daft sharing there is only 1 room to rent in Dunleer in the sharing section and it's considerably more expensive than renting a room in Drogheda for some reason.

In fairness as well, there's a hell of a lot more going on in the likes of Drogheda for a person moving on their own to an area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

Yeah, I was kinda alluding to sarcasm there!
    All the same, I'm surprised there's not more rentals in Dunleer... couple of ghost estates in that town sprung up in the past few years. You would assume there was a high buy-to-let market there.
    Anyway, Drogheda does have more going on... but Dunleer also has everything you need with a few fine pubs to boot!

Advertisement