Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternatives to Magnet.

• 20-11-2012 9:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40

Evening All,

Has anyone got recommendations for a Business ISP in Dublin city centre? Ideally one that provides SDSL (as opposed to reselling bitstream).

Up until recently, I was a big fan of Magnet but a number of bad experiences with them recently sees me in the market for a replacement. I've got carrier services to our data centre from the usual tier one providers but no good handle on good office ISP's.

My needs are reasonably simple - a single static routable IP, a 2Mb -to- 4Mb symmetric service and a router that isn't made by OneAccess. That last bits important - happy to bring my own 2800 with a suitable WHIC. If said ISP also provided a hosted VoIP solution, that'd be terrific.

Budget is in the EUR600-EUR1000 per month area - our current PSTN's are to Merrion Digital. Up until recently, I've ruled out WISP's as we are in a mews that's pretty walled in. If someone knows better, I'd certainly consider it.

K.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

kfdb wrote: »
    Evening All,

Has anyone got recommendations for a Business ISP in Dublin city centre? Ideally one that provides SDSL (as opposed to reselling bitstream).

Up until recently, I was a big fan of Magnet but a number of bad experiences with them recently sees me in the market for a replacement. I've got carrier services to our data centre from the usual tier one providers but no good handle on good office ISP's.

My needs are reasonably simple - a single static routable IP, a 2Mb -to- 4Mb symmetric service and a router that isn't made by OneAccess. That last bits important - happy to bring my own 2800 with a suitable WHIC. If said ISP also provided a hosted VoIP solution, that'd be terrific.

Budget is in the EUR600-EUR1000 per month area - our current PSTN's are to Merrion Digital. Up until recently, I've ruled out WISP's as we are in a mews that's pretty walled in. If someone knows better, I'd certainly consider it.

K.

Hi K

There are 2 possible solutions for you if you wish to move away from DSL. The first being Digiweb with their Metro Pro fixed wireless product. They offer symetrical speeds from 2Mb to 10Mb. See the details below.

http://www.digiweb.ie/business/products/connectivity/broadband/metro-pro/

The other one is UPC. The only thing their broadband is not symetrical.

Worth a look.

Regards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

http://www.vodafone.ie/businessbroadband/managed-ip/
    Formerly inter fusion networks....we used them I'm my last job. .we had 6mb symmetric and managed Cisco routers.

Advertisement