Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Its oh so quiet Sshh Ssshh

• 20-11-2012 9:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/1120/dublin-quiet-areas-council.html

Brian McManus, of Dublin City Council’s Road & Traffic Department, stated in a report that: "Within a quiet area natural occurring sounds should be the dominant sound source.
    “Whilst the rumble of traffic may be heard in the background, it should not be the dominant source. The rustle of leaves, bird song, running water and other natural occurring sounds should not be drowned out by manmade noise."

Sweet jebus wtf is this country coming to.

**** health service
    Dead Economy
    Etc

And now we have to limit our noise in certain areas

Quiet areas = Library's and my room when i have a hangover thats all

:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

You'll have to speak up, i'm wearing a towel!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Colibri

I agree with this. Too much bloody noise around the place!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Sparks43 wrote: »

**** health service
    Dead Economy
    Etc

What in the god damn hell are you giving out about and do you know anything about ecology? I don't think you do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

This is connected to noise pollution, and as the poster above me has acutely observed, a matter of ecology, rather than an official saying hush hush, as you go skipping down the country lane. As such, and it being one that needs due consideration, I would reccommend that the matter is a bit above the usual topics of discussion that After Hours usually dabbles with, and deserves a rather more high brow platform. *Swoooooosh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Wow, some people will just bitch about anything. What would you rather, every single place sound like a congested city?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

bjork is gonna be pissed with you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Shryke wrote: »
    What in the god damn hell are you giving out about and do you know anything about ecology? I don't think you do.
    This is connected to noise pollution, and as the poster above me has acutely observed, a matter of ecology, rather than an official saying hush hush, as you go skipping down the country lane. As such, and it being one that needs due consideration, I would reccommend that the matter is a bit above the usual topics of discussion that After Hours usually dabbles with, and deserves a rather more high brow platform. *Swoooooosh*

Under normal circumstances i would agree But
    The areas proposed are: Blessington Basin, Blessington Street; Edenmore Park, Raheny; Mount Bernard Park, Phibsboro; Dollymount ;St Annes Park, Raheny; Palmerston Park, Dartry; Ranelagh Gardens, Ranelagh; Cabbage Patch, St Patrick’s Cathedral

Are you really telling me that anybody is going to go into these areas to tell the scum that knacker drink and intimidate other people,To fcuk off elsewhere.

Its not about trees or birds its just another thing that proves Local councils are so badly out of touch they need to be abolished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Under normal circumstances i would agree But

Are you really telling me that anybody is going to go into these areas to tell the scum that knacker drink and intimidate other people,To fcuk off elsewhere.

Its not about trees or birds its just another thing that proves Local councils are so badly out of touch they need to be abolished.

Well the man is in the Road and Traffic Management Department, not the Knacker Drinking and Scumbag Prevention Department, so I'd say he's keeping within his brief. *BEEP BEEP*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Take it you're from raheny then...

This isn't about antisocial behaviour, me thinks you've missed the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Hogata

Quiet , people , quiet !

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I fully agree and am going to show my support by speaking quietly in this thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

We need denser development in the city to pack in all the people. That way I can continue to enjoy living in the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭ArtyM

This a-noise me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Can you people just please stop caring about things?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

Noise Pollution can have detrimental effects on people/environment, OP. They're designating these areas silent areas in order to make them more attractive to people and to have a lesser effect on the ecology of the areas...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I fully agree and am going to show my support by speaking quietly in this thread

WHAT?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Stop!! Hey what's that sound?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

**** health service
    Dead Economy
    Etc

do you even lift?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Wow yeah, Dollymount... taking on a big challenge there, what with all the water and sand dunes :rolleyes:
    Seems like they looked for the most quiet places in Dublin, declared them quiet zones, then knocked off early.

• Advertisement
Advertisement