Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adriano Unsporting goal v FC Nordsjaelland

• 20-11-2012 10:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭

A shocking display of unsportsmanship, or a case of great opportunism??
    I'd have lost the head if i was on the Danish side.

The ball was being returned to Nordsjaelland after a drop ball to allow attention on to an injured player.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Did Shaktar let them score to make up for that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

I was watching it live. It was a disgrace.

Thankfully Nordsjaelland scored a few minutes later. Justice was done but that is not the point.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Did Shaktar let them score to make up for that?

Nope! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

I was always told the opposition had to touch the ball before we could play it again. Perhaps I was told wrong all these years?

ConorCBS wrote: »
    Nope! :eek:

Well then Shaktar should be heavily fined. Disgraceful.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

It was perfectly legal though, nothing to fine them about. Obviously horrifically unsporting.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Shakhtar let Nordsjaelland score from them following kick off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Jesus if that happened in a park on a Sunday, there's be a riot!!!!

Seaneh wrote: »
    Shakhtar let Nordsjaelland score from them following kick off.

No they didn't. It appeared they were going to do so but then a defender tackled the Nordsjaelland striker. They then scored a legitimate goal minutes later but Shakhtar did not let them score.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

when he went round the keeper it would have been cool if he stopped and smiled and said "Bazinga!" anl chipped the ball into the keepers hands:)

• Advertisement

It was bad form but come off it

Heavily fined :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

No they didn't. It appeared they were going to do so but then a defender tackled the Nordsjaelland striker. They then scored a legitimate goal minutes later but Shakhtar did not let them score.

Ah, the ITV lads said during commentary on the Juve-Chelsea match that they let them score...

Weird.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    It was bad form but come off it

Heavily fined :pac:

Why shouldn't they be fined? UEFA are all about their fair play and it's a ****ing disgrace that he was let get away with it.

There's actually a new rule been brought in all intermediate and amateur leagues in Ireland this year, where a referee can rule out a goal if that happens.

when he went round the keeper it would have been cool if he stopped and smiled and said "Bazinga!" anl chipped the ball into the keepers hands:)

Or fell over and twisted his ankle for being a cheat.

Why shouldn't they be fined? UEFA are all about their fair play and it's a ****ing disgrace that he was let get away with it.

There's actually a new rule been brought in all intermediate and amateur leagues in Ireland this year, where a referee can rule out a goal if that happens.

It's not illegal what he did.

It's just shítty form

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

I'd love to see more of the video. Did any of the other players celebrate with the scorer?

Pj! wrote: »
    I'd love to see more of the video. Did any of the other players celebrate with the scorer?

Not really. There was a bit of confusion, and Nordsjaelland were complaining and the like. Took a couple of minutes to restart. Some players, Willian springs to mind, seemed to want to let Nordsjaelland score.

At first it appeared that Shakhtar were going to let them score as they let the Nordsjaelland striker walk past a few players. However, he was then tackled by someone and Shakhtar played on.

Cue crazy celebrations when Nordsjaelland score a few minutes later. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Absolutely disgraceful from Shaktar. Adriano should be ashamed of himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Pj! wrote: »

Bit of a longer vid

You got any sort of a link for this pal? I hadn't heard this at all..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

shameful stuff from shakhtar tbh

if its agreed that sportsmanship should happen then do it properly

alproctor wrote: »

I haven't got a link but at the beginning of the season, in both a college game and a LSL game, the refs came in before the game to tell us of the new rules.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

In Cork he's be known as a Langer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

He's sort of right. The amendment states:
    The ball is dropped again:

If the ball enters the goal:

• if a dropped ball is kicked directly into
    the opponents' goal, a goal kick is
    awarded

•if a dropped ball is kicked directly into
    the team's own goal, a corner kick is
    awarded to the opposing team

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/administration/01/64/44/22/circularno.1302-amendmentstothelawsofthegame-2012_2013.pdf

In this case as the ball was passed to another player before the goal was scored, the goal stands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

It's sort of a natural progression from all the cheating/unsportsmanlike behaviour that plagues the modern game. Just pushing the boundaries more and more.

Awful thing to do and kinda depressing but so is a lot of the modern game.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

adox wrote: »
    It's sort of a natural progression from all the cheating/unsportsmanlike behaviour that plagues the modern game. Just pushing the boundaries more and more.

Awful thing to do and kinda depressing but so is a lot of the modern game.

Yeah, I'm surprised it isn't seen more often tbh.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

I haven't got a link but at the beginning of the season, in both a college game and a LSL game, the refs came in before the game to tell us of the new rules.

The law surrounding drop balls was changed.
    But, it was to change the result if a ball was kicked directly in to either your own or the opposition goal, without being touched by another player. The decision now being either a goal kick or a corner kick.

There has been no mention of tonights situation in the new law change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

The law surrounding drop balls was changed.
    But, it was to change the result if a ball was kicked directly in to either your own or the opposition goal, without being touched by another player. The decision now being either a goal kick or a corner kick.

There has been no mention of tonights situation in the new law change.

So is there any such thing anymore as a "contested" drop ball ?

Prop Joe wrote: »
    So is there any such thing anymore as a "contested" drop ball ?

Oh there is yes.

The idea is to stop situations where teams were allowing the opposition to score unchallenged, in order to equalise a goal scored inadvertently from, for example, returning a ball to opponents keeper after ball being put out of play to allow attention on.

Contested drop balls are still in the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

At least give him a bit of credit for not dropping to the floor and rolling around when the guy tapped him on the cheek.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

UEFA might not be able to act here but surely the club could make a gesture by fining their own player? Or just some public apology or something? Although, apparently their manager instructed them to let the Nordsjaelland score but the team apparently didn't wholly listen. It seems some did but some didn't. Weird situation.

I remember redout (that beloved guy miss him too much) posting a video from a game in Spain where Barca's youngsters and some oher had a more freakish situation occur. The keeper got injured. Barca's winger scored a goal while the keeper was rolling in the ground in pain. None of his team mates celebrated and when play resumed they let the other side just run in a score.

Anyone have examples from more senior teams? Klose's fair play with Lazio come mind and Fowlers penalty miss.

Jernal wrote: »
    Anyone have examples from more senior teams? Klose's fair play with Lazio come mind and Fowlers penalty miss.

Earlier in the year I bet on a Swedish 2nd division match. The ball was hooded back to the goalkeeper but it took a massive bounce and went it. It was unintentional and the team were allowed to walk through for a 1v1 and scored, despite the best efforts of the keeper.

Then again I suppose you might not class the Swedish 2nd Division teams as "more senior".

The outrage from the commentators when Shakhtar didn't let them score was hilarious. Also it took around 3 minutes for the game to restart due to Nordsjaelland players in the opposition half, they should have been booked for time-wasting. The goal stood and that was it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

No problem with this might bring us back to the good old days now. Absolutely hate this putting the ball out of play, giving the ball back to the opposition nonsense. Good old fashioned drop ball and get the game back on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

The fact that one defender wouldn't let your man equalise is quality. Proper John Smith's no nonsense stuff :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Quite the heel turn by Adriano and very poor sportsmanship. Let Nordsjaelland be number thirty-three.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

doncarlos wrote: »
    No problem with this might bring us back to the good old days now. Absolutely hate this putting the ball out of play, giving the ball back to the opposition nonsense. Good old fashioned drop ball and get the game back on.

Were you doing dumbbell curls when you were typing this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Earlier in the year I bet on a Swedish 2nd division match. The ball was hooded back to the goalkeeper but it took a massive bounce and went it. It was unintentional and the team were allowed to walk through for a 1v1 and scored, despite the best efforts of the keeper.

Then again I suppose you might not class the Swedish 2nd Division teams as "more senior".

You know youve got a gambling problem when.youre betting on Swedish Division 2 ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Get Delaney on the case.

Didn't this happen in the fa cup with arsenal and Sheffield united years back?iirc, overmars was the culprit, arsenal won and it ended up being replayed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Get Delaney on the case.

Didn't this happen in the fa cup with arsenal and Sheffield united years back?iirc, overmars was the culprit, arsenal won and it ended up being replayed

If I recall, it was Wenger post match who offered the replay..... in what can only be described as the single act of sportsmanship Wenger has ever displayed. Half expected him to say he didn't see it :p

• Advertisement

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Get Delaney on the case.

Kanu wasn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Corholio wrote: »
    Kanu wasn't it?

I think Kanu was the one who played on but Overmars scored the goal. Can't believe I still remember that game.

Lol at the people calling for fines, it was a sh*t thing to do but he didn't break any rules

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Corholio wrote: »
    Kanu wasn't it?

Kanu provide a link of this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

hefferboi wrote: »
    Kanu provide a link of this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

The more I've watched it, the more annoyed I get about it to be honest. There's plenty of opportunities during a match to win a match in a relatively fair fashion, so no need for anything like this. Makes it even worse they didnt even let them score from the tip off. Pity Shahktar won after to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Remember that Overmars goal like yesterday. Steve Bruce actually called his players off the field.

Why don't FIFA remove this huge grey area around these kinds of "goals" by legislating properly for them? If the opposition is throwing or kicking it back to the team who put it out of play, make it illegal for them to interfere with the ball before it reaches the keeper.
    No more need for this 'gentlemen's agreement', just make it a rule and be done with it!

Simples.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I remember it happening in some Dutch league junior/reserve match a couple of years back. Jan Vertonghen lobbed it back to the opposition (Cambuur) keeper from a mile out and it somehow went in. Polite embarrassment and a gifted equaliser ensued.

I remember it happening in some Dutch league junior/reserve match a couple of years back. Jan Vertonghen lobbed it back to the opposition (Cambuur) keeper from a mile out and it somehow went in. Polite embarrassment and a gifted equaliser ensued.

Goal kick under the new law changes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

doncarlos wrote: »
    Completely agree. Like anything in football, it's completely abused. Players go down injured knowing the opposition will kick it out of play, taking the momentum out of their attack. If the game needs to stop let the ref do it!
    And even then, only if it's a head injury or something serious.

• Advertisement
Advertisement