Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do with a 6 month old

• 20-11-2012 10:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Myself and my wife have a 6 month old boy and we live in South County Dublin, we were chatting this evening and we both find that we've gotten into quite the rut, all of our time and energy is spent into getting through the day and as a result we feel our relationship is suffering!

So today we declare no more! we want to try and mix things up, we have decided this weekend that no errands shall be run and we want to do something together as a family.

we've come up with go for a walk in a park somewhere perhaps feed some ducks or perhaps visit the zoo?

So hopefully people have some suggestions on what we can do?

Comments

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

swimming? see if the local library does storytime? A walk along the beach, a pet farm or zoo or aquarium?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

I agree with neyite. Swimming is great. I bring my LO twice a week she'l be 7 months next week and ive been bringing her since she was 3 months. She loves it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Another fan of swimming here, babies love it and they sleep so well afterwards.

If we have a weekend free, we go into the city or a nearby town for lunch or a cup of tea in a cafe or street market.

The zoo, she really won't register much interest in the animals at 6 months. It's a nice walk for you though.

Join the local library and get some books for him. They often have play areas and toys in the library too.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Definitely agree with the swimming, my daughter loves it! She sleeps great after, which means I have my Friday evenings back :) You say you're in south Dublin, we go to Cheeverstown pool which is really nice as its a heated pool.
    Parent and baby cinema?? That's if you're off during the day time. We often go to the farmers market in Marlay park or Dun Laoighre, lots of yummy food and a nice walk, you can get out and make a day of it! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

At that age swimming and lots and lots of fresh air. Just go out for lots of walks and enjoy the fact that you can sit and have a coffee or some lunch in relative peace. It won't last forever or for much longer :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

He Gets a bath every night and loves it, we went swimming once when we were on holidays during the summer and he loved it! plus we do have issues with sleep at the moment, so perhaps swimming is the answer alright!

The walking is a great idea too, we've a lovely park close by, we went for loads of walks during the summer but I find it very difficult now with the dark evenings setting in. Has anyone suggestions on nice parks/places to walk on the weekend?

Thanks for the great suggestions so far folks!

EDIT: Just been doing some research, were quite close to Bray so I had a look at their website, its 7 euro per adult and he would swim for free, the guy on the phone said the open swim would be the best time!

Has anyone any experience taking their children to the Bray swimming pool?

Advertisement