Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

thehut.com - Slazenger Men's Full Zip Hoody - Red €9.90

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Anyone know what quality the hoodies are like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

What about sizes? Are they a small or large fit?

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭goodgolfer64

why do i look at bargains threads as I always buy....last time...red XL hoodie £7.64 free delivery....no wonder im broke!!!!
    cheers OP keep her lit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

LakesKeane wrote: »
    What about sizes? Are they a small or large fit?

Apparently they are small fitting well I hope so as I'm going to buy an XL!

Just noticed that if you click on that discount code it gives you the full list of all available discounted items... some really good deals in there.

http://www.thehut.com/catalogue/men/offers/aw12-hoodies-sweats.list?sortOrder=price&sortReverse=false

Such as Kangol Men's Tremor Zip Through Sweat - Black for €15.49

anyone know how long that till 15% discount expires??might sneak another colour if this RED fits :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

flanzer wrote: »
    Just got the XL Red one! Hopefully it's a smaller fit than a normal XL, otherwise it'll be going on a 90 degree wash!!

Best BA in a while. Thanks OP

kind of worried about ordering due to the size, most tops i buy large are fine but the odd time i would have to go XL all depends really on the quality of tops.

I hate when tops are to big.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Just got an email to say my red hoody had been despatched. That was quick for thehut.

invest4deepvalue.com

I would have ordered one of the Slazengers except the zip down the middle tears the arse out of it. I see the ones without a zip are a few quid dearer so obviously I'm not the only one who thinks so.

Seems that all the red versions are gone as it's disappeared.
    I like the blue one though but just not sure what size to order in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭Luap

Whats the normal delivery time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭mad m

Luap wrote: »
    Whats the normal delivery time?

Ordered yesterday night, got email to say its dispatched today, says eta 30th nov.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭Tom1991

I'm ordering 5 of them for the Bro five hoodies for about 60 nick is a great price.How likely am i to be done by customs or will all the items be shipped independently?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Tom1991 wrote: »
    I'm ordering 5 of them for the Bro five hoodies for about 60 nick is a great price.How likely am i to be done by customs or will all the items be shipped independently?
    Just order them separately and you'll be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

FutureGuy wrote: »

Looks like it may be gone as all you're looking at is a picture, but can't add it to your basket?
    good spot!
    I would have ordered one of the Slazengers except the zip down the middle tears the arse out of it. I see the ones without a zip are a few quid dearer so obviously I'm not the only one who thinks so.

Here's one without the zip down the middle for the same price

Here's one without the zip down the middle for the same price

But only in small size left.

• Advertisement

Thanks Patty but I'm a corpulent fellow and a size small would necessitate the Fire Brigade to cut me free.

Oops, of course they do say best things come in small packages :D

btw, did 'please supply a complete postcode' come up for anyone as i'm on the site, as i put in n/a, ,none, bt11aa, not in that order as I cant remember which one worked?

Think I have "Eire" in for postcode. I did open my account eons ago though so maybe they've stopped accepting that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Oops, of course they do say best things come in small packages :D

btw, did 'please supply a complete postcode' come up for anyone as i'm on the site, as i put in n/a, ,none, bt11aa, not in that order as I cant remember which one worked?

That only comes up if you put in partial incorrect code, leave it blank for Ireland.

I always use None as my postcode and that worked fine for me.

• Advertisement

That only comes up if you put in partial incorrect code, leave it blank for Ireland.

That's where the trouble started telling me when i left it blank.
    I always use None as my postcode and that worked fine for me.

Yeah i think that was the one i put in last.

Thanks for the replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

That's where the trouble started telling me when i left it blank.

Yeah i think that was the one i put in last.

Thanks for the replies.

I always use 00000 seems to work fine for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

I actually bought the blue zippy slazenger hoody about 2 weeks ago, I think it was about €17 then. I got a medium which is the size I usually get but its a bit big and I think a small would have been big enough. Good quality though, very comfy.

irish son wrote: »
    I actually bought the blue zippy slazenger hoody about 2 weeks ago, I think it was about €17 then. I got a medium which is the size I usually get but its a bit big and I think a small would have been big enough. Good quality though, very comfy.

Yeah thats the one I bought as well. I thought someone said it was small-fitting... was going to get an XL, glad I got just L now!

irish son wrote: »
    oh bollox.....xl was a bad choice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

I used 0214 as the postcode because that's the prefix number for Cork, it's worked for other things before, hope I didn't **** it up now. They also asked for a company name? I just put my name in.

I ordered this for €10.96. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

oh bollox.....xl was a bad choice
    I really hate the S/M/L/XL sizing :( its so inconsistent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Ri_Nollaig wrote: »
    I really hate the S/M/L/XL sizing :( its so inconsistent

I did say I bought a slazenger jumper last year which was a tad small/tight , so doubly annoying if even the same brands clothes are inconsistent in size! , hoodies are more comfortable if a bit loose fitting anyway so im sure these will be fine if anyone ordered a size up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,432 ✭✭✭ando

I used 0214 as the postcode because that's the prefix number for Cork, it's worked for other things before, hope I didn't **** it up now. They also asked for a company name? I just put my name in.

Deadly, was waiting for that top to come down in price :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

I'm wondering, if i have a certain size waiting in my "basket" will it still be there friday? I'm unable to purchase until friday as thats payday! :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Yeah, confusing them will speed things up. :p

Seriously, I left those blank and the order went through OK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

Ordered one of each the other day..Forgot to apply the code and got in touch with them:(
    ----Hi Ronan,

Thanks for getting in touch about your order.

I'm very sorry but due to the way the online sale facility works we are unable to apply the discount code once the checkout process has been completed.

If there's anything else we can do please don't hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,
    Dave Burrows.

thehut.com Customer Service Team----

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Ordered one of each the other day..Forgot to apply the code and got in touch with them:(
    ----Hi Ronan,

I'm very sorry but due to the way the online sale facility works we are unable to apply the discount code once the checkout process has been completed.

If there's anything else we can do please don't hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,
    Dave Burrows.

Order another hoodie using the code and return the first one. Not sure if the EU's 7 day long distance selling rule applies to the jurisdiction thehut is based in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Thirdfox wrote: »
    Order another hoodie using the code and return the first one. Not sure if the EU's 7 day long distance selling rule applies to the jurisdiction thehut is based in.

For €1.50??? Seriously?

For €1.50??? Seriously?

That's a good point!

Mine was dispatched today.
    Fast turnaround.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

For €1.50??? Seriously?

It's a potential solution to a problem. Save €1.50 6 times and you could buy another hoodie ;)

Or put another way - you can choose to pay an extra 15-16% on an item or go to the trouble of returning an item.

And the advice applies equally to an item that costs 9 euro or 900 euro ;)

i ordered one then i kind of changed my mind and wanted to order a different top so i sent in to cancel and they sent a reply about 30 minutes later saying that it was ready for dispatch so i could not cancel, i ordered it at 12 lastnight so obviously it was just an automated email,

So just be carefull if you want to cancel after purchase it looks like they will not do it.

----Hi Ronan,

Kind regards,
    Dave Burrows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16 kevchase

anyone know if sizes are big or small fittings ? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Lash_Alert

ando wrote: »
    Deadly, was waiting for that top to come down in price :)

just tried to buy that hoody, but doesnt seem to be there anymore?:(

• Advertisement

kevchase wrote: »
    anyone know if sizes are big or small fittings ? thanks

AFAIK, they are big fittings, but to be sure it was posted earlier on today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16 kevchase

balls bought m and cancelled t get L thought dey were smal fittings

No one seems to know though.

OP thought they were small fitting but may be different since they bought it and someone else said they were large fitting.
    We won't know till orders start arriving next week i'd say.

No one seems to know though.

OP thought they were small fitting but may be different since they bought it and someone else said they were large fitting.
    We won't know till orders start arriving next week i'd say.

yes true some of the reviews on the website are mixed, some tops people say are small and others large.

Rooy wrote: »
    Use code SH15 to get this price.
    Excellent price for this hoody with free shipping.
    I did order a Slazenger jumper last year which was a tad on the small size so going to order a size larger this time around

link
    FutureGuy wrote: »

If you click on the links now, they now bring you to the women's clothing? they must be thinking, don't spend it all on yourself, think of the other half :D

• Advertisement

do i hedge my bets and buy a BLUE LARGE....in case the RED XLs too big....frick...:) damn u bargains alert

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,563 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Rooy wrote: »
    I did order a Slazenger jumper last year which was a tad on the small size so going to order a size larger this time around

I ordered a couple of Slazenger jumpers last year too and they were massive ,way too big .Shrunk in the wash .
    Slazenger clothing isnt what it used to be ,its part of Mike Ashley's Sportsdirect now,pretty cheap stuff.

Are you sure it wasn't the Full Zip Hoody you were looking at that price?

No he's right. They were ~€20 two days ago and now they're ~€50.

Around €20 delivered on eBay UK

Around €18 delivered on Zavvi Spain

• Advertisement
Advertisement