Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rza headphones

• 20-11-2012 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

So I am still looking for headphones,I mainly listen to hip hop music I kinda like the Beats by Dre style yet I think for what you get they are over priced I am really interested in the RZA x WeSc headphones but I cant seem to find any retailers here. Does anyone have them or know anywhere that sells them.Also has anyone had the chance to try I would love to know what they sound like

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Menelaun wrote: »
    So I am still looking for headphones,I mainly listen to hip hop music I kinda like the Beats by Dre style yet I think for what you get they are over priced I am really interested in the RZA x WeSc headphones but I cant seem to find any retailers here. Does anyone have them or know anywhere that sells them.Also has anyone had the chance to try I would love to know what they sound like

WeSc is worn by Axwell of SHM, but like Beats etc, they are a fashion brand jumping on the dance music wagon.

Anything AKG, Pioneer, Bose or Denon will sound great. They are designed to be headphones, not a fashion accessory which is the key difference. If you want pure fashion style, you won't get quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

http://v-moda.com/crossfade-lp/

Good hip hop headphones and they look more interesting than any bose or the like.
    You could also get V moda m80s if you want on the ear, and if you want a different choice to v moda Audio technica ATH M50's are good. The cabling on the Audio technicas can be bought coiled which is what I did. They took about two weeks of quite frequent use to be broken in, and now they sound great

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Menelaun

http://v-moda.com/crossfade-lp/

Good hip hop headphones and they look more interesting than any bose or the like.
    You could also get V moda m80s if you want on the ear, and if you want a different choice to v moda Audio technica ATH M50's are good. The cabling on the Audio technicas can be bought coiled which is what I did. They took about two weeks of quite frequent use to be broken in, and now they sound great

I like the V moda's but they are quite expensive any cheaper but good quality hip hop headphones also are the v modas durable because I will almost certainly break flimsy ones

I like the V moda's but they are quite expensive any cheaper but good quality hip hop headphones also are the v modas durable because I will almost certainly break flimsy ones

Good quality and cheap don't go together. You don't have to spend a fortune but you won't get quality for under €100 in my opinion. You'll also get far superior quality for half the price of Beats.

v-Moda are practically indestructible or so I'm told. Check out YouTube, its part of their selling point.

ironclaw wrote: »
    Good quality and cheap don't go together. You don't have to spend a fortune but you won't get quality for under €100 in my opinion. You'll also get far superior quality for half the price of Beats.

v-Moda are practically indestructible or so I'm told. Check out YouTube, its part of their selling point.
    I suppose you are right but you wouldnt know anything about the house of marley headphones and their quality

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭b318isp

I suppose you are right but you wouldnt know anything about the house of marley headphones and their quality

Used them, again fashion over functionality and quality. Very 'thinny' on the bass.

Sound engineering normally dictates that you can't have something that looks good and offers functionality.

Contrast the beats, plenty of hard (bad for audio) plastic.

colorware-beats-by-dr-dre.jpg

With the HDJ2000:

B001LQXYKK-1.jpg

Which are a cracking set of headphones for in most cases very similar to less money. They are designed to be the best headphones they can be with style coming second. Beats are desired to look good then hammer the bass, and finally the rest of the spectrum.

Good audio comes from representing the entire audio range. Proper studio headphones can cost a fortune because they can replicate so much of the spectrum in a single design. Its hard to do in headphones as you usually only have one driver while in a big speaker, you can put in 4 or 5 speakers for different ranges e.g. Tweeters, Subs etc.

You ear does pick up on this entire spectrum and thats why good headphones make audio sound 'whole' and have a depth. Cheaper headphones don't have lower notes or the higher harmonics. So they sound more flat.

How much are you looking to spend?

ironclaw wrote: »
    Used them, again fashion over functionality and quality. Very 'thinny' on the bass.

Sound engineering normally dictates that you can't have something that looks good and offers functionality.

Contrast the beats, plenty of hard (bad for audio) plastic.

colorware-beats-by-dr-dre.jpg

With the HDJ2000:

B001LQXYKK-1.jpg

Which are a cracking set of headphones for in most cases very similar to less money. They are designed to be the best headphones they can be with style coming second. Beats are desired to look good then hammer the bass, and finally the rest of the spectrum.

Good audio comes from representing the entire audio range. Proper studio headphones can cost a fortune because they can replicate so much of the spectrum in a single design. Its hard to do in headphones as you usually only have one driver while in a big speaker, you can put in 4 or 5 speakers for different ranges e.g. Tweeters, Subs etc.

You ear does pick up on this entire spectrum and thats why good headphones make audio sound 'whole' and have a depth. Cheaper headphones don't have lower notes or the higher harmonics. So they sound more flat.

How much are you looking to spend?
    About 150 to 180
    Durability and sound quality are my main focus I mentioned in my op that I listen to rap like Odd future and Captain Murphy and thw Wu tang clan as well as bass heavy dance and rock music
    So I would like something in that range that can cater to these though I must say the second pair of headpones you posted there are really really nice looking

Philips SHL5000/28 Headband Headphone are my current set of headphones but one cup has snapped and I loved them the bass was clear and it had real good sound but I cant find them anywhere if I was to get another set I would prefer something similar or another pair of these

if anyone one knows where to find them

About 150 to 180
    Durability and sound quality are my main focus I mentioned in my op that I listen to rap like Odd future and Captain Murphy and thw Wu tang clan as well as bass heavy dance and rock music
    So I would like something in that range that can cater to these though I must say the second pair of headpones you posted there are really really nice looking

Unfortunately both sets about come into the €250+ range. However, the Bose over ear (AE2) are a great set of ear phones. Honestly the best audio reproduction for that price bracket and Bose certainly know what they do because its all they do

Bose_AE2_audio_headphones.jpg

Not sure how you like the style but I can't recommend them enough. I had the opportunity to test every Bose product against my Pioneer HDJ1000's and HDJ500's (No comparison to Bose in terms of quality, they are for 'general listening' only) and the quality of Bose really is fantastic.

The only other set I'd recomend is the HDJ500. They are generally around the €99 mark:

hdj-5000.png

Three colors and do sound very good. Same pedigree as the more expensive HDJ1000 and HDJ2000. Bass is decent. On the further up side, they come in three colors as shown. Only downside in my eyes is the size of the ear cups, they are a tad small for me and I have small ears.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 512 ✭✭✭gavkm27

i had beats by dre and they were ok,but have just gotten AIAIAI's and can say they are best looking and sounding earphones ive ever had

http://www.aiaiai.dk/store/headphones/tma-1-fools-gold-edition

gavkm27 wrote: »
    i had beats by dre and they were ok,but have just gotten AIAIAI's and can say they are best looking and sounding earphones ive ever had

http://www.aiaiai.dk/store/headphones/tma-1-fools-gold-edition

Completely forgot about them. I've never used them myself but the reviews have been glowing. Old school company AKG are also excellent. Same pedigree as Bose but more studio / DJ based.

Advertisement