Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Autumn Sale

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,006 ✭✭✭✭titan18

So much good games on the last day. Going to make it hard to not buy stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Final Tally for the Autumn sale for me was a shade under 30 quid.

Shogun 2
    Max Payne 3
    Tropico 4

I see a trend there :)

Managed to not spend a penny in this sale, was hard at times as there were a number of games I've wanted but they'll most likely pop up in the Christmas sale so I don't mind waiting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,006 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Barring anything new coming up in flash sales later on, my final tally is

Crusaders 2 + DLC
    Dishonoured (gamefly though)
    Witcher 2
    KOTOR 2

Not bad, could have been worse

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Final tally for me:

Batman Arkham City
    The Witcher 2
    Sleeping Dogs
    Alan Wake Franchise
    Sniper Elite V2
    Company Of Heroes
    Max Payne 3
    Prototype 2
    Payday The Heist
    Deadlight
    Homefront
    The Walking Dead
    2 DLCs for Skyrim

I'm afraid to add up the cost! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Heh I 'm proud of myself, only got Sleeping dogs-waiting for xmas one instead.

BTW word of warning re Sleeping dogs, if you are left handed and use the arrow keys for movement, you're out of luck-the game won't let you remap from WSAD to same. Stupid in this day and age:confused:

This made me think ah sh!t no, not another lazy console port but the work around is to use glovePIE or AutoHotkey to bind the arrows to WSAD and vice versa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

MagicSean wrote: »
    Tropico 4 - 80% off

€14 with all the DLC and the expansion pack

Wow, especially as the two most recent DLC missions are only out a few weeks and I bought them both at full price...
    Oh well, at least the videos I made for YouTube of the missions paid for the cost of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Few more bits and pieces.

83FA9.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Nearly there, haven't bought anything this sale, think I can last until Christmas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

glynf wrote: »
    Heh I 'm proud of myself, only got Sleeping dogs-waiting for xmas one instead.

BTW word of warning re Sleeping dogs, if you are left handed and use the arrow keys for movement, you're out of luck-the game won't let you remap from WSAD to same. Stupid in this day and age:confused:

This made me think ah sh!t no, not another lazy console port but the work around is to use glovePIE or AutoHotkey to bind the arrows to WSAD and vice versa.

I would really recommend you get a wired Xbox controller if you're a PC gamer, loads of games (including Sleeping Dogs) are plug-and-play and the controller is way better for a lot of games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Firehen

I ended up with:

Tropico 4 + DLC
    Legend of Grimrock
    Arkhams Asylum and City GOTY Editions
    Quantum Conundrum
    Plus this deal on GOG: http://www.gog.com/pick_5_pay_10

Thankfully it's payday tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Tropico 4
    Civ V Korea DLC
    Civ V Wonders of the Ancient DLC
    Civ V Explorers Map Pack DLC
    Civ V Cradle of Civilization Denmark DLC
    Civ V DLC - Polynesia
    Civ V DLC Double Civ Pack
    Civ V Cradle DLC: Bundle
    Civ V DLC Babylon
    Mark of the Ninja
    Torchlight II
    Batman Arkham City GOTY
    Quantum Conundrum Season Pass
    Skyrim Hearthfire
    Crysis Maximum Edition Bundle
    Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

lol how many of those are you actually going to download and play?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

danthefan wrote: »
    I would really recommend you get a wired Xbox controller if you're a PC gamer, loads of games (including Sleeping Dogs) are plug-and-play and the controller is way better for a lot of games.

Have one for the already driving sections, still prefer the mouse & KB for all else.

Remapping sorted it and now & starting to like this game a lot. Was expecting a half arsed GTA clone.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

3-4 games.
    thats from all thread :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

All but Batman and Tropico downloaded. The only ones I may not play are the early Crysis ones
    glynf wrote: »
    Have one for the already driving sections, still prefer the mouse & KB for all else.

Remapping sorted it and now & starting to like this game a lot. Was expecting a half arsed GTA clone.:)

i love the ds3 tool. Use my PS3 gamepad with everything

Well I've downloaded all of them, I've finished the single player in Homefront, it was short but really fun, haven't tried the multiplayer yet. I've also sunk a few hours into Max Payne 3 after I finally got it working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Haven't bought anything. Had a lot of the games already and others which will probably be on the Christmas sale so no point in increasing the backlog until then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Only got Max Payne 3, Quantum Conundrum pack and Metro 2033.

Though if throw in Amazon for the same period, that's the GTA4/Episodes/San Andreas/LA Noire bundle and Binary Domain

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭lemon_remon

Is Alan Wake worth it? I remember being very hyped for it initially but lost interest after they decided to go the Xbox 360 route. Did it turn out to be any good in the end?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭GosuIrish

was planning on saving money and then this happens picked up

Toki Tori duno what it is really but it was 44 cents so why not
    Civ V Gods and Kings Expansion
    Batman Arkham City GOTY
    Orcs Must Die 2 - Complete Pack
    Magic: The Gathering 2013
    GTA San andreas
    The walking dead
    sim city 4

Would of picked up gta 4 stuff and tropico but ran out of funds on the card :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Is Alan Wake worth it? I remember being very hyped for it initially but lost interest after they decided to go the Xbox 360 route. Did it turn out to be any good in the end?

It's good, not great. the combat mechanic gets tried pretty quickly but it sure is pretty. The story is straight out of the twilight zone or a lite version of Twin Peaks. it's not open world as it was conceived but more linear. it's spilt up unto enjoyable episodes whichoce along nicely.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

I dont know if everyone knows this , but just in case..when they knock 75% or 50% off a game in a franchise , quite often the original game has the same dicount as well, , and is usually cheaper to start off with, just not listed on the front page but you have to search for it:
    So if you're on a budget/have an older machine or whatever its generally worth checking out earlier verisons of games , good example is the witcher 2 , which is up as a flash sale 7.50 , which is pretty cheap , but if you do a search for 'the witcher' the original game (well the directors cut)is 1.99 (its usually 10 dollars anyway on steam but still 2 quid is good), or CIv 5 :€7.50 ,(civ IV is 4.99)Civ 3 is €1.24

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

dont want to drag up an old thread on counter strike but for a new comer which would be better, CS:GO or CS Source?

• Site Banned Posts: 3 sportsfanatik

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    dont want to drag up an old thread on counter strike but for a new comer which would be better, CS:GO or CS Source?

in my opinion
    as a cs vet ;)
    cs 1
    but if your looking for fun and loads of maps, mods , gametypes , zombies!!!!
    then css

cs:go was a failure and a let down in my opinion
    but steam are letting all 4 go for a 10er i think? great price considering css was about 20dollars not too long ago haha

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,508 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I havent bought much in this sale, hopefully they might have one after the Christmas holidays!

I've been playing css for years, put 1000s of hours into it. Id say buy the bundle and try them all out. I love CS:GO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,855 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Anyone know if Tropico 4 is windows 8 compatible?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭lemon_remon

I'd say CS:GO because there are more new people playing it so you won't get absolutely destroyed by veterans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Started off slow for me but picked up loads in the End :D
    CS:GO
    The Witcher 2
    Syndicate
    Call of Duty MW3 map pack 4
    Serious Sam 3
    Civ 5
    Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
    Skyrim
    Iron Front : Liberation 1944