Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Autumn Sale

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

I must be the only one who didn't like it so :o

I liked it but it was too fecking buggy, so I stopped playing it. The save system was damn annoying because it kept autosaving at points where it bugged or after some cinematic before I had a proper look around. Autosave system + RPGs = bad.

Seemed like a good story but I wouldn't recommend it because of the saving and I couldn't find any mods to fix it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

metro2033 isn't an rpg....

also I never had any sort of issue with the saves, never heard of it before you mentioned it either

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Metro is worth a tenner, a must buy at that price. Very atmospheric. Very pretty at high settings too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I had no problems with bugs or any glitches on PC. Its been out for ages so they've fixed all that stuff by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,871 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Anyone played Wargame: European Escalation at all? I am a fan of stuff like Supreme Commander but this is getting mixed reviews - too many units, balancing issues etc but then others say its great

It's currently €20 with 3 DLC packs so tempted to take a punt but I got stung with Carrier Command at full price last month so a bit more cautious now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,389 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    Anyone played Wargame: European Escalation at all? I am a fan of stuff like Supreme Commander but this is getting mixed reviews - too many units, balancing issues etc but then others say its great

It's currently €20 with 3 DLC packs so tempted to take a punt but I got stung with Carrier Command at full price last month so a bit more cautious now.

It's enjoyable, I've only played the single player. It's tough, there are a LOT of units that are quite similar and you need to really focus to figure out what's good in what situation.

There aren't really any base building features at all, so if you're into that like Supcom... perhaps it's not for you. You could probably wait until Christmas and get it cheaper. Also, Shogun 2 is a tenner - which is a must play if you like that sort of thing.

They do the whole free DLC thing, which is quite classy these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

€5 for the complete Quantum Conundrum pack? I can do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Tomk1

Dacelonid wrote: »
    Disappointing enough sale for me so far, unless Dishonoured drops to 50% off. or something else amazing comes along I think I am done with this sale.
    Only got Anna, Heartfire, Knights of the Old Republic 2 and World of Goo.

Cough... there you go, you must be happy now, 50% off, they must of read your post.

Been hovering over the Batman AC cart button for a few days now, €7.49 has twisted my arm.

Tomk1 wrote: »
    Cough... there you go, you must be happy now, 50% off, they must of read your post.

Been hovering over the Batman AC cart button for a few days now, €7.49 has twisted my arm.

If you don't already have AC, then the GOTY is a bargain at that price. Go for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Great deals today. Arkham City, Dishonored, Civ5, Torchlight 2 and Orcs Must Die 2.

If anyone wants to team up on Orcs Must Die feel free to add me on Steam. Name is Seanbeag

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭tcjpmcd

The deals have been quite interesting but the motherload of awesome deals lie within the christmas sales.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    If you don't already have AC, then the GOTY is a bargain at that price. Go for it

i have it on a non steam physical copy. Buying it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Sarn

Dishonored for €15 as posted in Gaming Bargains

how long are those gamefly coupons valid for?

MagicSean wrote: »
    i have it on a non steam physical copy. Buying it again.

I've played it on Xbox, Playstation and PC before. I'll be buying it at christmas again.

Gabe newell sure knows how to rack in the money. Anyone looking for a certain game to come up in the deals? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Gods and kings is 75% off, YEAH buddie.

Valve's complete Pack last year dropped from 89.99€ to 29.99€ me thinks. Please do this again valve. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

ED E wrote: »
    Gods and kings is 75% off, YEAH buddie.

Yup it was on a flash sale 2 days ago for 50%, I decided id risk waiting to see if it went again so happy now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ThunderApple

nocoverart wrote: »
    Anything my PC can handle. So basically anything before 2003 LOL.
    Lol, same here. Well, probably a little bit later than 2003 but anyway - my PC is no gamers' machine.
    I didn't even expect any Steam sales till Christmas and now I'm kind of lost.. I've invested all my paysafecards in both Deponia parts last week. I'm afraid my games budget is over for now.. Damn it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Sarn wrote: »
    Dishonored for €15 as posted in Gaming Bargains

Cheers, that worked a treat, go Dishonored and Spec Ops for £16 total by using those coupons.
    Had to install some gammy client for that site, but uninstalled after I got the keys and activated them on STEAM :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

VinLieger wrote: »
    Yup it was on a flash sale 2 days ago for 50%, I decided id risk waiting to see if it went again so happy now :)

Mate I civ with wanted to get it, I decided to hold off like yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

Tomk1 wrote: »

To be fair, I would have been surprised if it wasn't @ 50% at some point

tcjpmcd wrote: »
    I've played it on Xbox, Playstation and PC before. I'll be buying it at christmas again.

Gabe newell sure knows how to rack in the money. Anyone looking for a certain game to come up in the deals? :)

Half Life 3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Some more bargains here :D
    http://www.getloadedgo.com/

tcjpmcd wrote: »

Natural Selection, Game of Dwarves, Don't Starve, Worms, Borderlands 2 DLC.

Was tempted to go for Dishonored but figured since it has 2 campaign based DLCs coming for it, I'll hold off for the complete pack next year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

MadYaker wrote: »
    Metro 2033 for €2.49, if you haven't got it id strongly recommend buying it.

Just got it and came here to see if anyone else mentioned it, because it is AWESOME!

Links234 wrote: »
    Just got it and came here to see if anyone else mentioned it, because it is AWESOME!

have you played stalker?

play stalker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I got Civ 5 today. I played the last one but never really got into it. I suppose i didnt really give it much of a chance last time. Decided to give this one a go since a lot of people seem to speak highly of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

I got Civ 5 today. I played the last one but never really got into it. I suppose i didnt really give it much of a chance last time. Decided to give this one a go since a lot of people seem to speak highly of it.

I'm the same, I just seemed to be endlessly hitting the button to end my turn. Civ never really grabbed me.

Advertisement