Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have I just been scammed?

Options
  • 20-11-2012 11:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I wanted to subscribe to the economist. So I googled the economist student discount. I was brought to economistsubscriptions.com, I didn't notice that it wasnt the economist.com.

Anyway I ordered, but I realised that they never asked me for the security number on the back of my card. I also never received an email about it and it says that it will take 21 days to receive my first issue.

There are no terms and conditions.

I think it seems bit odd. Has anyone ever ordered via that website before.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭baldbear

DylanII wrote: »
    Hey,

I wanted to subscribe to the economist. So I googled the economist student discount. I was brought to economistsubscriptions.com, I didn't notice that it wasnt the economist.com.

Anyway I ordered, but I realised that they never asked me for the security number on the back of my card. I also never received an email about it and it says that it will take 21 days to receive my first issue.

There are no terms and conditions.

I think it seems bit odd. Has anyone ever ordered via that website before.
    After googling i found this link http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=125068 cancel via your card company in the morning if you are worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

Is this the page you subscribed on? If so it's legit, the link to subscribe from the economists main website directs to that page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

Is this the page you subscribed on? If so it's legit, the link to subscribe from the economists main website directs to that page.

Yea, thats it, thanks

Advertisement