Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazing Kickstarter

• 20-11-2012 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

I need to get this Game kickstarted.

Its a Fantasy RPG with an beautiful graphics engine and awesome physics engine. The combat is based off the physical contact of the weapon being swung and the characters can be knocked about due to this.

Check the combat here.

Kickstarter: http://kck.st/PkmGrD

People give them your money and spread the word!

Phobious

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

The physics are awesome! This is something I would have loved to see in Neverwinter Nights.

Impressive stuff! Think I will put some money down on it, I just hope it makes the target in the next nine days...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Obviously only a demo but I think it looks silly. Lots of flailing about, the mechanics look awkward to execute with a mouse and exactly what happens when there's more than one opponent?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Phobious

Is it silly when the chain of the ogres Flail runs under the warriors legs knocking him to the ground? I think its more silly when 2 character swing weapons at each other with no obvious sign of any effect apart from floating number illustrating damage. And its pre-alpha, the deliver date is set to 2014. Check the full kickstarter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Obviously only a demo but I think it looks silly. Lots of flailing about, the mechanics look awkward to execute with a mouse and exactly what happens when there's more than one opponent?

It's pre-alpha so it's going to be awkward. The character movements are a bit messy at the moment but that can of course be fixed. Other than that it looks interesting.

It looks very much like an isometric Dark Souls. Obviously it won't play anything like it but the artstyle and environments are similar and obviously the contact engine.

With the right work I think it could be very good. Would really like to hear more about it however!

Edit: There's a lot of info on the Kickstarter page, I should probably start there!! :p

Big Knox wrote: »
    It's pre-alpha so it's going to be awkward. The character movements are a bit messy at the moment but that can of course be fixed. Other than that it looks interesting.

It looks very much like an isometric Dark Souls. Obviously it won't play anything like it but the artstyle and environments are similar and obviously the contact engine.

With the right work I think it could be very good. Would really like to hear more about it however!

Edit: There's a lot of info on the Kickstarter page, I should probably start there!! :p

The Kickstarter video goes into more detail and talks about a level editor.

See here

• Advertisement

Ok I'm now very interested. Will be throwing money at this when I can afford to. It's very early but the premise for the game sounds great and the combat (again even though very raw at the moment) looks like it could be fantastic when finished.

The below video looks at the combat in more detail:

Big Knox wrote: »
    Ok I'm now very interested. Will be throwing money at this when I can afford to. It's very early but the premise for the game sounds great and the combat (again even though very raw at the moment) looks like it could be fantastic when finished.

The below video looks at the combat in more detail:

That video is awesome. I would love to play this in a sort of DayZ where you and some friend are running about looking for food and limited weapons while ambushing other groups for theirs.

Don't forget to spread this around your social media sites. Really wanna see this game succeed

Phobious wrote: »
    The Kickstarter video goes into more detail and talks about a level editor.

See here

Ok last post on this tonight I promise ha but that dev environment is absolutely incredible. I can't believe he programmed everything himself. He is obviously extremely talented!! :eek:

If they released a light version of that with the game itself the community could go well above and beyond modding the game and it could be an endless supply of content.

I will be heavily supporting this in whatever way I can. It's like a mix between Dark Souls and Diablo. I've never even thought about the combination before but I love it already! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,711 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Those swords are being used all wrong -- might as well use a big metal stick if you're just going to try to bludgeon your opponent to death with it. :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Yep pre alpha but it's two lads standing there swinging with different backgrounds. If that's the combat in the game I can't see any amount of dev time improving it because I cannot see how they can keep that combat when you increase the number of opponents and include magic.

• Advertisement

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Those swords are being used all wrong -- might as well use a big metal stick if you're just going to try to bludgeon your opponent to death with it. :/

Apparently using swords against fully armored targets was pretty much useless unless you were good enough to hit between the armor. I believe warhammer/maces were best as it would do internal damage swell as knocking the opponent down were they would use a shiv to finish them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

And a measly shiv at that!

These physics are all good and well but no point in having them if the game-play is still a standard hack and slash.

Some of these criticisms are embarrassing ffs. If you are going to criticise a kickstarter project at least watch all the videos posted before doing so.

It's clearly stated in all but the first video they have no animator and the combat video is thrown together with the simple intention of showing the collision detection and nothing more.

It's a kickstarter in very very early pre-alpha stage, 90% of it is the work of one man. They haven't even started working on combat and you are criticising it. It's about a premise at the moment. A play and combat style not seen before in an ISO RPG alongside the vision of an open world RPG with complete character freedom and choice.

Fluid and realistic character movement and precise swordplay are things that need to be put together by a dedicated animator which they need the funding to hire. The work this guy has done in his spare time and his dedication shown so far is extremely impressive. It's all well and good pointing out flaws in gameplay of something well into it's development cycle but this hasn't even gotten off the ground yet. Give it a chance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Looks very nice, the combat seems a bit dogey though looks like they stuck some stock mocap animation on the rigs then slapped rigid body dynamics on them and called it a combat system =/

Advertisement