Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying to CIT through Fetac route or Mature Student route?

Options
  • 20-11-2012 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

hi all,I am 27 and was just enquiring about applying for Social Care next year in CIT(was told points would be no higher than 370). Firstly I have completed 2 Fetac level courses(Health Care Assistant and Business Studies)in The College of Commerce and between the 2 of them courses I would have 8 distinctions-thus giving me a total of 400 points when converted over from my best 8 modules or (375)from Care Assistant alone if they don't count two awards together. I mention this because I am in Canada for the year until next September(2013) and if I applied as a mature student I gather I would need to come home for an interview before then?so would it be better to apply to the CAO through the Fetac awards route where i would only need to come back in September and start with all the other newbies?,thanks for your help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

You might be better talking with the Mature Support Staff in CIT for this. I'm not sure but the CAO will just look at your age and deem you a mature applicant, taking your FETAC awards into consideration with the application.

As for interview, some places will interview and some won't, but the CIT staff could give you a better idea about the process. Link here for their page.

Advertisement