Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Irish Gig 2013

Options
  • 21-11-2012 2:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 38,429 ✭✭✭✭

With a rumoured new album out in 2013. What are the chances of an Irish gig in 2013.??

Could they be the second Slane Headliners or will Croke Park be the venue.

I can personally see them bringing the new album out in Autumn 2013 and doing a world tour in 2014.

Need to add U2 off the bucket list along with The Rolling Stones,Motley Crue and ACDC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Can't see a new tour before an album tbh..

.. I'd say 2014 at the earliest.

• Site Banned Posts: 385 ✭✭pontia

buckets the best places for u2,that midget clowns more interested in raising money for africa or some usa bull****,does nothing for ireland,not trendy enough obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

pontia wrote: »
    buckets the best places for u2,that midget clowns more interested in raising money for africa or some usa bull****,does nothing for ireland,not trendy enough obviously

Lol you sound like a great fellow. Would look forward to it next year but yeah prob the year after.

seen them play since mid 80s,cant listen to him at this stage,spoofer

seen them play since mid 80s,cant listen to him at this stage,spoofer

He can be a bit annoying alright but great band who are great live.

• Advertisement

true,what has he done to help things in ireland ? tax haven,third world crap ,looks like a granny in his stupid bingo glasses,bringing romney to find an irish pub,**** off at this stage you tool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Glassheart

U2 are working with Danger Mouse on this new record.The Black Keys are looking to start sessions with Danger Mouse for their next record early 2013 so hopefully we should have a new U2 record ready for next year.If the album comes out late in the year then we won't see a tour till spring or summer 2014.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Glassheart

true,what has he done to help things in ireland ? tax haven,third world crap ,looks like a granny in his stupid bingo glasses,bringing romney to find an irish pub,**** off at this stage you tool

Fine,but please don't bore us to tears with your inexplicable need to tell everyone how much you hate them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Re "true,what has he done to help things in ireland?"

What do you want him to do? Raise awareness worldwide for Irelands unemployment rate? Pay peoples mortgages for a year?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Self Aid 2!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

and the connection of this post to their live performances or their music in general?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I'd say they will have the new album out early in the new year followed by a tour in the summer at earliest.

I don't think they will play Slane, as if they were it would probably be for two dates like the Elevation Tour, and there's only one date left to be announced. My guess would be another three Croke Park's or four Aviva's.

If you look at past tours you will see they have a habit of playing in Ireland every 4 years, and I'm guessing that will continue.

PopMart Tour - Landsdowne Road (1997)
    Elevation Tour - Slane Castle (2001)
    Vertigo Tour - Croke Park (2005)
    360 Tour - Croke Park (2009)
    Upcoming Tour - Croke Park/Aviva (2013)?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Seen them on the last tour and dont think ill be in any rush back tbh . As good as they were i just got sick of Bono talking about the wolrd every few minutes . I can to see a live band not a lecture

Why is up to Bono to save Ireland from corruption? Which is the only thing wrong with Ireland. Not much he can do. He raises money for people who need it more than we do.

Advertisement