Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Yacht in loughshinny

Options
  • 21-11-2012 2:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

Have seen some activity outside it recently.
    A Guinness van was parked up one day and also a couple of other vans on other days.

Anyone heard if it's due to open up again? Sadly missed :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Due to open within the next couple of weeks. It may be only the bar that is opening first & the lounge sometime in the near future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Martymcd83

Great! I liked that wee bar, glad to see that someone is taking a punt on it being successful again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

wish someone would re-open my Local.........Murgagh's of Ballough.

I'm stuck in the Top Shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Have seen some activity outside it recently.
    A Guinness van was parked up one day and also a couple of other vans on other days.

Anyone heard if it's due to open up again? Sadly missed :(

Heard it was re-opening ok. Seeing as there is no shop in Loughshinny now wonder would the consider selling a few bit of urgent provisions like Milk, Sugar, Bread. Have seen this in a few pubs down the country.
    martinn123 wrote: »
    wish someone would re-open my Local.........Murgagh's of Ballough.

I'm stuck in the Top Shop.

Was out that way on Sunday and thought it was a shame to see it all closed up. Do the Murtagh family still own it?

Week end opening and maybe a Wednesday night or reduced hours during the week might work out that way but with Drink driving laws it must be very hard for Rural pubs to stay afloat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

LeoB wrote: »
    Seeing as there is no shop in Loughshinny now wonder would the consider selling a few bit of urgent provisions like Milk, Sugar, Bread.

Ah, the pubs of yesteryear, "two pints of the black, a pound of lard and a new filter for the Brita water filter please, I hate the scum forming on top of me tea"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Was out that way on Sunday and thought it was a shame to see it all closed up. Do the Murtagh family still own it?

Week end opening and maybe a Wednesday night or reduced hours during the week might work out that way but with Drink driving laws it must be very hard for Rural pubs to stay afloat.

Yes, Gerry Murtagh is enjoying his retirement, and still lives in the house adjoining the Pub. 5 Sons, all lovely lads, pity none were interested in carrying on the trade, can't blame them really, the Smoking Ban, and Drink Driving Laws, while very necessary, for all the right reasons spell the death knell for a huge amount of Rural Pubs.

Best of luck to the Yacht, who is taking it over?

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Nodster

Seeing as there is no shop in Loughshinny now wonder would the consider selling a few bit of urgent provisions like Milk, Sugar, Bread. Have seen this in a few pubs down the country.

AFAIK former props (Brian, Louis and Brendan) sold milk, bread and the Herald

Good luck to the new owners and glad to hear it's reopening

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭PaulD77

And I think it is Brendan that bought it back so maybe he will do it again!

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Nodster

The Yacht reopened tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

That's great news, was it Brendan that reopened it?

I wish it the very, very, best of luck, great pub with heaps of character and history and sadly missed when it closed it's doors.

• Advertisement
Advertisement