Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone ran into problems getting shipping costs refunded by OCUK?

Options
  • 21-11-2012 6:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭

Bought the guts of two systems off them in September, the PSU was a ball of ****e so returned it.

Unfortunately, An Post charged around €36 for the service but what can you do!

Duly submitted receipt when they acknowledged the RMA claim had been successful, only to be told they only reimburse up to a maximum of £12 - which leaves me approximately €20 down.

I informed them that under Irish, UK and EU law they have a legal obligation to refund me any/all shipping costs associated with returning a faulty purchase to them. I even linked them to where it stated that on a UK government website, and they strangely didn't reply.

Just sent off a last note using the complaint form, but not expecting much.

Anyone else gone through the same?

They've pissed me off now, so I'm taking the nuclear route if they still refuse.

1)Inform OCUK that due to their not performing under the contract of sale, I will have no choice but to void the contract and instruct my CC company to reverse the charges.
    2)Submit a bill to OCUK for my time spent assembling, disassembling and repackaging the components.
    3)Inform OCUK that they are free to pick up the components at their own cost but that I will not release the goods until my bill has been paid (~10 hours at €13.50 p.h.)

All of which is perfectly legal. Sod the cheap bastards. 10 years and well over £6000, and they quibble over their legal obligation to reimburse me £17 :rolleyes:

Advertisement