Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bizarre SMS problem

• 21-11-2012 8:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭

So, I hooked the wife's iPhone 4 (on iOS 6) up to the Pc the other day to back everything up and to remove a load of music from it (she just doesn't get Crosbie, Stills & Nash, for some reason).

Anyway, after the backup completed, I noticed the Twitter app remained in an installing/downloading state. Eventually, I deleted it off the iPhone and re-installed it. All good.

However, from that point on, all international texts came in in a strange format (we are not in Ireland). So texts from Ireland (all operators as far as we can tell) come in with the following format of the sender's number:

+973 35385123456

So, bizarrely, it is adding our local country code to the beginning of the number of each text received.

My wife cannot reply to the above number , for obvious reasons, but when she goes into contacts and selects the correct number, international texts still fail.

I haven't yet done a full factory reset, that's the next step, but has anyone any ideas what it could be? I somehow think it is related to the Twitter app, but I can't seem to find anything on the 'net.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Try changing the settings in settings>general>international or reset network settings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    So, I hooked the wife's iPhone 4 (on iOS 6) up to the Pc the other day to back everything up and to remove a load of music from it (she just doesn't get Crosbie, Stills & Nash, for some reason).

Anyway, after the backup completed, I noticed the Twitter app remained in an installing/downloading state. Eventually, I deleted it off the iPhone and re-installed it. All good.

However, from that point on, all international texts came in in a strange format (we are not in Ireland). So texts from Ireland (all operators as far as we can tell) come in with the following format of the sender's number:

+973 35385123456

So, bizarrely, it is adding our local country code to the beginning of the number of each text received.

My wife cannot reply to the above number , for obvious reasons, but when she goes into contacts and selects the correct number, international texts still fail.

I haven't yet done a full factory reset, that's the next step, but has anyone any ideas what it could be? I somehow think it is related to the Twitter app, but I can't seem to find anything on the 'net.

I too am getting a LOT of SMS from Bahrain to my iPhone 5. They are always empty.

A friend who frequently visits the country has the same experience as yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

So, tried the international settings, no joy.

Did a full factory reset, no joy.

Tried the SIM in my iPhone, same thing happens, so it has to be the SIM/local network (I should point out we actually live here, we are not visiting).

Advertisement