Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Station - train times sign

Options
  • 21-11-2012 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

Looks like the train departure times sign is now up and running. Good news.

Spotted it this morning as I jumped on the dart to work.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,933 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

only took 12 years...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭LifeBeginsAt40

loyatemu wrote: »
    only took 12 years...

I got my very 1st Visa Debit card from BOI yesterday....it's all progress ;)

Rumour has it the steam trains and the 7ft broad gauge are being phased out :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

loyatemu wrote: »
    only took 12 years...

Within the next 12 years, I predict wider entrance doors, to avoid the single file of people to enter/exit the station! MAybe its too much to hope for!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭hamstervision

Within the next 12 years, I predict wider entrance doors, to avoid the single file of people to enter/exit the station! MAybe its too much to hope for!

Careful now, you're speaking about the former "Overall Station of the Year". The fact that entering/leaving the station is a complete bottleneck, that it only barely has electronic signs now, that they're only finally building a lift now and that they sometimes leave the station entirely unmanned while they just leave the side-gate open are all the criteria that make an award-winning station, clearly. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Mahogany

Hooray.

• Advertisement

Careful now, you're speaking about the former "Overall Station of the Year". The fact that entering/leaving the station is a complete bottleneck, that it only barely has electronic signs now, that they're only finally building a lift now and that they sometimes leave the station entirely unmanned while they just leave the side-gate open are all the criteria that make an award-winning station, clearly. :rolleyes:
    we could be really lucky and get a bigger side gate too! I've no idea how that station is fire safety certified.

while we're on the subject, I saw the 7am service disappeared this morning, I guess that wont be on the punctuality stats they like to publish on the trains.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭hamstervision

while we're on the subject, I saw the 7am service disappeared this morning, I guess that wont be on the punctuality stats they like to publish on the trains.

You mean the ones that are +/- 5mins? No. They decided the 7am would go from Bray so delayed the 6:54am train to wait until 7am and anyone from Greystones wanting the dart should change at Bray. And this is a service we're expected to pay more for next year.

You mean the ones that are +/- 5mins? No. They decided the 7am would go from Bray so delayed the 6:54am train to wait until 7am and anyone from Greystones wanting the dart should change at Bray. And this is a service we're expected to pay more for next year.

Indeed, I take that diesel train as there is no seats on the later one from Kilcoole. Irishrail have decided we are to make do with a 4 car service except on Mondays it seems. When the old style diesel train used to have 6 cars and that was before the population boom in north Wicklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Tiradon

.....but I'm sure they apologised for any inconvenience caused :)

• Advertisement

Tiradon wrote: »
    .....but I'm sure they apologised for any inconvenience caused :)

I think they tried, but as the public address system only broadcasts every third word, I'm not sure people got the message. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭LifeBeginsAt40

I think they tried, but as the public address system only broadcasts every third word, I'm not sure people got the message. :)

"for inconvenience"

Advertisement