Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iphone 4 wifi broken

• 21-11-2012 10:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

Hope this is the right place to post, but i had my iphone 4 stolen at a wedding, and someone dropped it down the toilet and it was recovered and returned to me, i brought it to a repair shop to be deionisized or something, to get it to turn on, they got it fixed and it is sin free, but everything works on it EXCEPT the wifi, is there anything i can do to get the wifi to work? it and the bluetooth is greyed out. the bluetooth just keeps spinning, and the wifi tab is greyed out i should say.

the shop tried everything but said there was nothing that could be done but i thought id ask here as the phone is sim free and works perfectly other then has no wifi. any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance.
    Fi.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭fergusb

The Wifi on my iphone4 stopped working a few months ago for no apparent reason. Would pick up a network but only when standing beside a router and even then would drop off.

My solution was to open up the iPhone, remove the Wifi Antenna, put it back and put everything back together, worked perfectly and still working a few months later... But its not for the faint hearted (some of the screws are tiny), and will invalidate any warranty. Instructions can be found here:
    http://youtu.be/ClFBL8JZNlc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭fi

Yea i tried that reset thing before to no avail. i think this is a lost cause :( what a waste especially as its sim free.

Advertisement