Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Di Matteo Sacked

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Guardiola did say he was taking a year off football. I'm probably being naive, but I do believe him.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Well I suppose time will tell but if a man like Mourinho who brought all of the initial success at the very beginning was the 1st through this revolving door, can't see how any manager will ever be given the reigns (to himself).

Mourhino should never have been sacked and then following on from him Carlo shouldnt have been sacked but Roman gets a notion in his head and thats it.

Since then, its been what 8 managers in 9 years? Its absolute madness expecting any club or group of players to sustain any kind of development when a new manager is coming in before the old one ahd a chance to unpack his briefcase.
    Leiva wrote: »
    If anything Gav you have just become desensitised.

as a Liverpool supporter and the restraints that we find ourselves in then ups and downs are going to be the norm.
    but at Chelsea its getting ridiculous that the error rate needs to be running near 0% or you get the sack ...thats madness in fairness.

Agreed, if a manger at Chelsea loses half a dozen games then we as supporters arent shocked when hes sacked so is Roman's way.

Crazy really.

I'm not looking forward to the weekend now. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Guardiola did say he was taking a year off football. I'm probably being naive, but I do believe him.

Didn't say anything about fantasy football though so he should be in the clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Is there an interim manager? EBLJT?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

WTF? This actually shocked me!!

RDM won the Champions League and deserved at least a season. Why so sudden? Getting Pep in before City do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I hope Chelsea do get Pep so that he too can be sacked this time next year. The jury is still out on him. How could be fail with that Barca side?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,392 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Honestly can't believe a manager who had to take a year off due to the pressure of a job where he was performing miracles in football form would go somewhere where if he doesn't perform miracles he'd be gone after 5 games. Wouldn't make sense from Pep's point of view imo. Have been wrong before but can't see it.

Hopefully bookies will put up market for this soon enough.

On phone do can't paste full details

http://www.paddypower.com/football/football-specials/manager-specials?ev_oc_grp_ids=491646&AFF_ID=3409

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Good man.

Did not think they be in so quick.

Then again I suppose they will always be ready when it being Chelsea:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I'd say the decision to not play a striker last night drove Abramovich absolutely nuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Pep is 10/3 top be new Chelsea Boss.

Rafa is favourite at 4/9:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

I'd say the decision to not play a striker last night drove Abramovich absolutely nuts.

This decision was made before last night if they have someone lined up like is being suggested

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Why would anyone think that Pep would be even remotely interested ?

Genuine question by the way.
    Does it have to do with this idea that the EPL is the be all, end all of football and that all managers would love to play there ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

What a joke

He took over last season and steadied the side. Won the European cup playing a very conservative style. Completely changed the way the team played this season. Only had 1 striker as backup to Torres. Had the whole Terry mess and Cole gob****ery to deal with. Lost 2 league games to teams either side of them in the table.
    2 losses in CL, Shakhtar away & Juventus away, who both have amazing records at home. And both sides are contenders in this year’s European Cup.

A farcical situation will turn to lunacy if they are not going to appoint a permanent manager next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Abramovich should really manage the team himself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

What the actual fúck?

Fernando Torres now averages 6 goals per manager at Chelsea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Please be Rafa. :)
    For the tears and the lols.

• Advertisement

Pep will end up at City if he has any sense if it's a choice between the two. The players are there for him to build a cracking team.

Chelsea is a disaster for any manager wanting to build a successful team- instant success or you're fired. It's ridiculous.

Great place to go if you want a big pay off though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Please be Rafa. :)
    For the tears and the lols.

Nah, I want to see Abramovich go full retard and appoint John Terry as player manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Good lord. At least 50% of the managers on that list give me a queasy feeling. And the other 50% probably wouldn't go near us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭cichlid child

Jax Teller wrote: »
    His own fault . Should have said at the start of the season to Torres your no longer good enough and wont start for me and signed a good striker or 2 .

Look at what Rodgers done at Liverpool didn't just play people depending on how much money they paid for them before he came in .
    He needed to put his own stamp on the team instead of just following the owners thoughts .

Thats a ridiculous post.I am a liverpool fan but chelsea are 3rd in the league and liverpool are 11th how can you imply that Rogers is doing a better job than Matteo .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Reoil

Kenny Dalglish is out of work... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Looks like IRISHSPORTSGUY was right then.

• Advertisement

"Chelsea manager sacked" should really be a sticky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Thats a ridiculous post.I am a liverpool fan but chelsea are 3rd in the league and liverpool are 11th how can you imply that Rogers is doing a better job than Matteo .

I didn't imply Rodgers was doing a better job . I implied he had put his stamp on Liverpool better than Rdm had at Chelsea .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

Well whoever the new man is will only need a sleeping bag with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭cardwizzard

iregk wrote: »
    Stellar contribution. Thanks for coming.

So in order to play like Barca it is a requirement that you have a 100k capacity stadium and an illustrious history? So it's not a question of just the players and the coaching. Right, I see you've studied the game in some depth. Please tell me how history affects your playing style today? Keeping in mind Barcelona have changed playing styles multiple times in their history.

Going by your logic Liverpool can never play like Barca either as they don't have the players or the stadium. They may have the history but 1 out of 3 isn't enough.

On the whole situation it was inevitable. I said in September the way he is playing is catching a lot of teams out as they aren't used to seeing it from Chelsea but come later in the season the Scolari problem will re-surface in that you've a tactically shallow manager who ones teams figure out how they play they will start to adapt. That's exactly what happened. People don't give Guardiola enough credit for how he often changed Barca's shape and structure without sacrificing philosophy and he continued to get results. DiMatteo didn't change shape or structure and now teams know exactly how exposed Chelsea leave the back line which isn't helped by tactically stupid defenders either.

If you don't think history to a club counts then you are deluded pal. Of course Barcalona have evovled but that is exactly my point. And no its not just a question of players and coaches. You need an ethos through out the club, and I can't see Ckelskis, maybe you can.

I'd suggest you look at the finest clubs in Europe try and work it out for yourself from there.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

My god. Chelsea are just a joke at this stage. Madness.

Why would anyone in their right mind want that job?

Oh...god knows how many millions for a few months work. That'd do it.

• Advertisement

Nah, I want to see Abramovich go full retard and appoint John Terry as player manager.

If he had the right badges I'd put money on him. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

by the way, just some food for thought, Barcelona won nothing of note last season, so Guardiola would've been sacked if Abramovich were running that club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

If it's Rafa, Chelsea will win the league, Torres will probably be top scorer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

ft9 wrote: »

lol

_blank_ wrote: »
    lol

I'd say your sarcasm-meter is faulty

Rafa maybe a good manager but hes not a miracle worker. :(

This notion of Rafa getting the best of Torres is silly IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,392 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

If it's Rafa, Chelsea will not win the league, Torres will probably not be top scorer and all their fans and the manager will blame the referee.

Probably about right yeah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Pep won't go near the job tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭cardwizzard

Did Becks not say he was leaving L.A :pac::pac:

some Chelsea job lengths...

Scolari - 244 days.
    AVB - 257 days.
    RDM - 262 days.

incredible.

• Advertisement

Ian McGarry. Chelsea ITK
    My point is that #CFC won't sack RDM soon. They will wait until #UCL fate decided and next game v's #MCFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Rafa said he wouldnt manage a top club in England though didnt he ??

He might be getting desperate as he's been out of football a while, but if he's true to his word to Liverpool fans he'll say no to the job if offered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭cichlid child

Jax Teller wrote: »
    I didn't imply Rodgers was doing a better job . I implied he had put his stamp on Liverpool better than Rdm had at Chelsea .
    Ok Mate picked you up wrong.I apolgise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Business as usual for Chelsea.

Maybe they should bring Drogba back from China and let him, Terry, and Lampard do the job between them.

Slattsy wrote: »
    Rafa said he wouldnt manage a top club in England though didnt he ??

He might be getting desperate as he's been out of football a while, but if he's true to his word to Liverpool fans he'll say no to the job if offered.

Very little pride and honour left in football, money talks and if Roman cant get Pep and goes for Rafa I'd be surprised if he turned it down.

any manager with a brain should take the Rodgers route to deciding about the Chelsea job. when he was asked about reports linking him to the position, he said plainly...
    "I'm trying to build me career, not to destroy it"

sounds about right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

This is the man to get the best out of torres.
    Artist's impression :D

8EfLa.jpg

amiable wrote: »
    Ian McGarry. Chelsea ITK

I would have thought the same as McGarry TBH.

But I said it last night I wouldnt be surprised to see him go and it would be sooner then later I just wasnt sure how soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Claudio Ranieri
    Jose Mourinho
    Avram Grant
    Luiz Felipe Scolari
    Ray Wilkins
    Guus Hiddink
    Carlos Ancelloti
    Andre Villas-Boas
    Roberto Di Matteo
    ??????????????

Abramovich sure is getting through them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Very little pride and honour left in football, money talks and if Roman cant get Pep and goes for Rafa I'd be surprised if he turned it down.

Is one of Roman's philosophies not attractive/attacking/fluid football ?
    Players like Mata/Hazard/Oscar wont fit into Rafa's policy surely.

If i was a Chelsea fan i wouldnt be looking at Rafa as anything other than a short term apt.

Advertisement