Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Withdrawal limit of 200 AUS dollars using AIB Card at ATM

Options
  • 21-11-2012 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭

My parents are currently on holiday in australia for 3 months...
    they are using their AIB laser card at the ATM's.
    However,they are only allowed to take out a limit of 200 dollars on a daily basis.this is roughly about 150euro.
    How is this possible?I thought the limit would have been much higher than that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

It's 250 for me. Can they transfer money into your aus account and take it out that way? They'll be boned with bank charges the way they are doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 m_89

I'm currently using my AIB card here at the moment and can only take out $250 max a day, but if they use ANZ atm's then there is no additional fee, i know its not much anyways but every little helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭In Exile

It is a security measure put on all Irish cards a few years ago. I remember working in BoI when it was brought in and nobody was told about it...... talk about abuse from customers! Only thing they can do is either transfer money or else stick to those withdrawals

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

They could ring AIB Card Services (+353 1 2695022) & ask for their Lasers to be replaced by Visa Debit Cards - that way they could use them to make purchases anywhere that accept Visa.

The only thing is that a new PIN is posted & two days later the new card is posted, usually to the cardholders address & the Laser Card is automatically cancelled 14 days after issue of the new Visa Debit Card, so they would have to get someone at their Irish address that they trust to at least forward the new card over to them. I'm not sure if Card Services would post them directly to an Australian address, but they could ask. They could do this one card at a time so as they would always have the use of one card.

If they feel it's too much hassle to do this they may be better off just transferring funds through online banking to their credit card & using that for purchases, & just using their Lasers for cash withdrawals, depending on how far into their 3 months holiday they are.

Advertisement