Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Varg makes a role playing game

• 21-11-2012 11:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭

Found this on metal ireland.
    Quote:

Now, this is where I – finally you might think – get to the point; rather than long for and spend time mourning the loss of (I dare say) my joy in (at least my teenage) life, I figured that I should make my own fantasy RPG. All my old RPGs had flaws and downsides, even MERP, so why not make a game exactly as I would want it to be? Sure, others would still prefer other games, and that is fine, but I would like to be able to play – or at least read the rules of (I am after all a sorry bastard with no friends) – a game with all the features that I enjoyed and also missed in my old RPGs. So I started and spent all the time I was supposed to study in prison (...) working on my RPG, and I have been doing so on and off ever since. Now, I do make music, and because of that make a living, but for some extra joy in life, or perhaps just out of nostalgia and longing, I have my role-playing game, as a hobby, if you like. If all go according to plan I will start to publish small films, articles or monologues in this context online, to promote the game. It is not yet complete or game tested, and for all I know it might take ages for it to be, but – bear with me – I mainly do this out of passion, a strong love for fantasy role playing games and fantasy in general. Pay no attention to my game if you don't want you. But at least now you know why I do. Fantasy RPGs are as much a part of me as Burzum ever was, and in a sense they are two sides of the same coin. When the chaos comes the chaos comes, but until then I will enjoy my music and my RPG.

When it is all done, if this happens soon enough, I will publish the game. Now, as you might know I am not a Jew, who walks around with my hands in my own pockets only when it is freezing, so I plan to make a complete game and include everything you need (save dice, pencil and scraps of paper) in one single book. In other words I have no plans to make a ton of expensive supplements with information that should have been in the core rule book in the first place. However, this also means there is a lot of work behind this game, and a lot of work still to be carried out to complete it.

Now, I can add that I do not even want to make a computer game, for many reasons, but also because when the electric lights die out in our world, and all computers go silent, we can still read an RPG book and play the game, during the day but also during the night under the light of a candle, an oil lamp or a fire. Dice need no electricity to work. Nor do we.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

Will Euronymous be an end of level boss in the game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

He seems to have been rolling off the weirdest random generation table of life anyway.

Roll 1D100
    1-10: Murder rival nutter and make accusation of dildo.
    11-20: Escape from prison and drive your getaway car into the middle of a roundabout.
    21-30: Realise you're a laughing stock, blame jews.
    Etc.

Advertisement