Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Western Digital TV Live Streaming Media Player

Options
  • 21-11-2012 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi all,
    I'm thinking about getting one of these media players soon and I noticed this player can stream bbc iPlayer. I'm in Ireland and I know I can't stream the iPlayer normally on my pc unless you I use a tunnel app.
    Has anyone in Ireland bought this player and can it stream bbc iPlayer on your tv without any additional setup?
    And how would you rate the player?

Cheers...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Also look at the android mini-PC's. They allow you to play the videos, and use a wireless keyboard and mouse to browse the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Nuno

Unfortunately, you cannot stream BBC content on the WD Player if you're located in Ireland. You would probably have to sign up to service first like Unblock-us. Also, my WD Live TV box (which is running the latest firmware 1.12.14), no longer has the BBC Player app available. I believe you would have to roll back on the firmware to get it back. Check this thread for information on both here

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Eire2008

Nuno wrote: »
    Unfortunately, you cannot stream BBC content on the WD Player if you're located in Ireland. You would probably have to sign up to service first like Unblock-us. Also, my WD Live TV box (which is running the latest firmware 1.12.14), no longer has the BBC Player app available. I believe you would have to roll back on the firmware to get it back. Check this thread for information on both here

Thanks Nuno,
    Just wondering have you found any video or audio formats that it won't play? Audio - DTS for example

Advertisement