Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ammo storage and security?

• 21-11-2012 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭

Hi,
    Looking for more info on target shooting (pistols etc).

I am about to purchase a gun safe to progress my licence etc.

Someone has mentioned to me that I will need two safes. One for the gun and a second for the .22lr amunition!.

I don't remember seeing this in the Gadra Guidlines - that I need seperate safes for the gun and then a safe for the .22 rounds.

I thought that the one safe would hold both and this would satisfy the requirements for gun security at home (I do remember seeing that I can't keep stuff in out house buildings/sheds etc..)

Anyone got legal standing on this? do I need two seperate safes?

Ta

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

There is no hard and fast rule on this one...however...

One safe usually is all that is required.

Your own FO / Super may require more security but generally one approved gun-safe will suffice. If you have one non-restricted firearm, then if you have one safe you will have complied with the minimum standards required and may tick that box on the form.

How you store everything at home is something not to be discussed in detail here: but it's a good policy to keep firearms, bolts, and ammo separated and stored securely. How you do that is up to you.

Advertisement