Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI money back?

Options
  • 21-11-2012 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭

I was booking a motorcycle driver theory test this morning & googled it.
    I booked the test through the website at the top of the list thinking it was the official website but turns out it is not & the website is a scam.
    I contacted banking 365 & they advised me because I put through the payment myself I could not report it as fraud but would have to look for a money back. Can anybody advise me what to do.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi PWEI,

The information you were given is correct; it is not fraud as you provided your details. You can apply for a refund through the company directly. Alternatively you can fill out a Visa Debit dispute form because, if the company is a scam, you will not be provided with the service.

I hope this helps.
    Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

I've done that, thanks for your quick response.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Hi. Can you advise me please how long does it take to get a response to a Visa Debit dispute? I sent one off last Wednesday but have yet to receive a response. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi PWEI,

If you provided your mobile number on the form, you'll be sent a confirmation text message the day after your dispute has been received. The length of time it takes to resolve will depend on the circumstances of the dispute.

Thanks,
    Graham

Advertisement