Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Benitez vs Redknapp - Settle an argument please

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Hard to say, only one down when kewell went off i believe, he should never have been starting anyways hamann really should have started.

The Hamann final most people call it. The game which really showed Gerrard wasn't a central midfielder and the tactical genius which Rafa was capable of 'at times' really shone. A lot of dimwits actually call it the Gerrard final yet he was so poor his team were 3.0 down due to his inept performance...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,878 ✭✭✭RayCon

d22ontour wrote: »
    The Hamann final most people call it. ..

This.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Even as an Everton fan I would say Rafa is a better coach than Harry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

This is like how many boardsies are Liverpool fans? I voted Harry because fcuk you that's why

This is like how many boardsies are Liverpool fans?

No, it's how many boardsies actually follow football and have something solid in between their ears

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

This is like how many boardsies are Liverpool fans? I voted Harry because fcuk you that's why

Because you watch sky. This question would be laughed at anywhere outside the uk.

One year of a good CL run with spurs and what else exactly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Rafa is a great manager.

I think things went bad at the 'pool on board level which screwed him over.

Top manager.

*not too sure if my memory of Liverpool during his tenure is 100% accurate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

d22ontour wrote: »
    The Hamann final most people call it. The game which really showed Gerrard wasn't a central midfielder and the tactical genius which Rafa was capable of 'at times' really shone. A lot of dimwits actually call it the Gerrard final yet he was so poor his team were 3.0 down due to his inept performance...

This. Gerrard got destroyed in the 1st half and it was the introduction of Hamann that changed things around. At least Rafa realised his mistake..45 minutes late.

I always thought Rafa was a good manager, and improved Liverpool no end, but was never convinced he would win a league title with Liverpool. I always felt he was too conservative and it was only when the shackles were thrown off after the Boro defeat in 2009 that we saw what his team was capable of. He is certainly not the 'God' some of my fellow Liverpool fans make him out to be.

Saying that, anyone who thinks he isn't better than Redknapp watches too much sky Sports/has too much Liverpool hate or, quite frankly, doesn't understand too much about football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Some Harry love in on SSN atm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

JPA wrote: »
    Some Harry love in on SSN atm.

Yup, Paul Merson says Redknapp is better than Rafa :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Rafa has proven to be far better than Harry

The problem here is defensive Pool fans and those coming in at with a snipe at Rafa.

Advertisement