Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ditec E2 Electric Gate re-opening

Options
  • 21-11-2012 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi, I had an electrician look at my gate recently ( twice ) and he has done more bad than good so I don't want to call him back. He has left me with the gate re-opening once the automatic closing operation has occured. I have studied the guides I found online & I'm fairly sure it is a Ditec E2 board. The remote opens & closes the gate no problem, however, if I let the gate close automatically, once the second gate closes , they both re-open ( almost as if it sees meeting the first gate on close as an obstruction & the safety re-open process begins ). Obviously, if I leave the gates in this state they just keep opening & closing all day long. Can anybody tell me what adjustment I need to do to the board to correct this?

Thanks !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

perhaps the gates are closing too far and breaking the sensor contact on the pillars
    (thinking there is an obstruction i.e car)
    check that you have a retention spud fixed into the ground to prevent this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Don't call him back !
    It sounds as though he hasn't the closed position set properly so the gate thinks the gate stop is an obstruction and is reversing

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭MYSTICA1

Don't call him back !
    It sounds as though he hasn't the closed position set properly so the gate thinks the gate stop is an obstruction and is reversing
    Thanks Thunderbird2, but how can I correct this? I feel reasonably confident that I at least have learned more about this control panel than that electrician ever knew so hopefully a little guidance from you guys can give me enough info to correct it.

meercat wrote: »
    perhaps the gates are closing too far and breaking the sensor contact on the pillars
    (thinking there is an obstruction i.e car)
    check that you have a retention spud fixed into the ground to prevent this
    Yeah Meercat. ? There is a stop fixed into the drive so that is not the cause.. Thanks for your help anyway. The photocells are not obstructed in any way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Unfortunately I can't help you any further with regards to re programming the gates unless you have a manual . But I'm sure there's a person on here who knows more than me :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Greyfort

Hi there, I now have the very same problem. How did you fix yours?

Hi, I downloaded the installation instructions from the internet and there is a dial somewhere on the board that determines the force applied to the gate by the motor if it encounters an obstacle .. I turned that up full. I was always afraid, however that someone could get crushed between the gates if they were to stand between them while they were closing. As I have young kids I decided the risk wasn't worth taking and I disconnected the gates so that they are no longer electrified. I have to admit I did not really know what I was doing. It did work, but please be aware that the gate will not stop closing if it encounters an object in it's path ..

Advertisement