Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Characters (Comic vs TV Show) [** Possible Spoilers **]

• 21-11-2012 1:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,680 ✭✭✭

A dedicated thread to discuss the similarities and differences between the characters from the comics and their TV counterparts might be useful. :)

Not all characters from the comic have appeared on the show and indeed there are some new characters on the TV show that never appeared in the comics. Of those that are common to both many have had different arcs from the comics, some subtly different and others glaringly different.

Have the portrayals been disappointing or have they exceeded expectation?
    Have the changes improved things over the comics or the reverse?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,047 ✭✭✭✭Basq

First thing that springs to mind is that Michonne is a little too tame in the TV series..

.. she was always a VERY aggressive character in the comics.

In the TV series, she's far from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,680 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

For me Andrea has been the most crushing disappointment. Both the actress and how the character has been written have been extremely poor. I've been waiting for 3 series for the potential of the character to kick into gear but have to admit now that it will never happen. The sooner she becomes walker chow the better.

I think it's too early to pronounce on Michonne just yet although in fairness the bar has been set very high for that character.

I'm surprised at how well Andrew Lincoln has done in his portrayal of Rick. He's just a great job imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

DeepBlue wrote: »
    A dedicated thread to discuss the similarities and differences between the characters from the comics and their TV counterparts might be useful. :)

Not all characters from the comic have appeared on the show and indeed there are some new characters on the TV show that never appeared in the comics. Of those that are common to both many have had different arcs from the comics, some subtly different and others glaringly different.

Have the portrayals been disappointing or have they exceeded expectation?
    Have the changes improved things over the comics or the reverse?

What like this one http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=81835300#post81835300 you mean ;)

Thread merge ???

Mods prerogative of course .

Advertisement