Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best smart phone on prepay

Options
  • 21-11-2012 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,772 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks
    Im getting the other half a smart phone for Christmas,
    She doesn't want a bill phone,so what would you recommened , now im only going to spend about 450 max, so the newest i Phone and Galaxy are out of the question,what would you recommend

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Hey folks
    Im getting the other half a smart phone for Christmas,
    She doesn't want a bill phone,so what would you recommened , now im only going to spend about 450 max, so the newest i Phone and Galaxy are out of the question,what would you recommend

Thanks

well galaxy s3 brand new is 499eu on expansys. throw in another 50eu for the sake of love? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

A new S3 from Amazon.de is €449

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Best bet for that price is probably the Sony Xperia T, or purchase online.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

save yourself 300 quid and get a Nokia Lumia 800, which are around 150 on all the carriers at the moment, PAYG. For example - https://store.meteor.ie/phones/pay-as-you-go-phones/lumia-800. It's especially lovely in high gloss white

• Registered Users Posts: 20,772 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

How do i know if they work on O2 network , if i buy them on line ???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

How do i know if they work on O2 network , if i buy them on line ???

If you buy from the likes of Expansys then you are buying a sim free (unlocked) phone, which will work on any network.
    If your buying from a German site like Amazon.de It will tell you in the description if it's locked to a network, The one I linked to above isn't but I presume there could possibly be some phones for sale on there that are.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭macjohn

54kroc wrote: »
    A new S3 from Amazon.de is €449

Is this is defo sim free ??

This would be my first smart phone - is this likely to be as good as the price will get on this or would phones like this usually be discounted around santy time?

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

macjohn wrote: »
    Is this is defo sim free ??

This would be my first smart phone - is this likely to be as good as the price will get on this or would phones like this usually be discounted around santy time?

Yes its definetly sim free because it's sold directly from amazon.

That's around the best price anyway, won't be discounted for xmas, probably not until the new phones are released next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭macjohn

manu2009 wrote: »
    Yes its definetly sim free because it's sold directly from amazon.

That's around the best price anyway, won't be discounted for xmas, probably not until the new phones are released next year.

Thanks for that - much appreciated.

Presume the new one wont be launched until around q2 of 2013?

Trying to decide do I want to spend that much on a phone - am I right in thinking this is one of the best on the market

Advertisement