Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sense-ation Dog Harness

• 21-11-2012 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭

Hi All,

Anyone use one of these harnesses?
    Good for pulling etc? Any reviews welcome :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭BullBauld

I use a Sense-ible harness on Rufus, my Airedale Terrier. Seems to be the same as the Sense-ation after a quick google.

Rufus was a hoor for pulling and the harness sorted the job out brilliantly. It transformed walks form being a constant tug-o-war and frustrating into being enjoyable for both of us.

The odd time if I'm only tipping over the field to my parents house I throw on a regular lead and notice the difference straight away.

I'd say defo get the harness if you are having bother with your dog pulling on lead.

Bull.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭nemo32

Thanks Bull... think it might be worth checking out then :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

We bought one for one of my guys and he quickly figured out how to walk without it turing him around - total failure after about 15 minutes into the walk and every walk there after.

We then got one of there babies ==> http://i.ebayimg.com/t/ASPCA-Anti-Pull-Mesh-Dog-Puppy-Harness-Stop-Pulling-Instantly-/00/s/NTAwWDUwMA==/$%28KGrHqVHJB8E-N1cQ,wsBPu9C6SH7Q~~60_35.JPG, it works by giving the dog the sensation that their legs are lifting up when they pull and it works reasonably well. We seem to have a brainiac of a dog (who cannot be lead trained - go figure!) because he did figure out how to pull a bit but it is much better compared to the Sense-ible. I got our one in the vets but have seen them for sale in MaxiZoo.

The best harnesses to stop pulling are head harnesses. Most dogs take a while to get used ot them so it will take a while to acutally get it working because you will have to do a lot of "5 minutes in the house, lots of treats" type of things but they give you the best control over your dog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

I use the www.dogmatic.org.uk head harness. I find it brillant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I used one before/while I trained my dog not to pull by teaching him some self control - using a clicker and treats. Yes it reduced how much he pulled but he had no self control so would still pull to see his friends. On the harness itself I found it sat a bit too low on my retriever and restricted him a bit especially if he'd been swimming the the front really hung down when his coat was soaked. They seem to fit shorter haired/thinner coated dogs better where they're a more snug fit - and possibly dogs with thicker coats but are land lovers and stay dry lol! :D Once they're adjusted they don't tend to loosen - I had the premier version and was constantly having to re-adjust it and it had me driven mad. Positive dog training do one which I can't remember the name of but from speaking to people who switched from the sens-ible/ation they found it fitted much better and was more comfortable for the dog because it has some padding - some of these owners are also trainers and now recommend this one over then sens. ones.

• Advertisement
Advertisement