Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options
  • 21-11-2012 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭

Just noticed that custom avatars show on the touch site but not the regular site. Why are non tablet/smartphone people discriminated against like this ?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Did you turn on the display of customer avatars?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Spear wrote: »
    Did you turn on the display of customer avatars?

I didnt realise there was a separate option to display custom avatars. Cant find it either.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/profile.php?do=editoptions

Check the visible elements section.

I have show avatars checked. Dont see anything about custom avatars. You sure custom avatars are shown for non subscribers ?

Scioch wrote: »
    I have show avatars checked. Dont see anything about custom avatars. You sure custom avatars are shown for non subscribers ?

Yes, they definitely do show for non-subscribers. Is my avatar visible?

• Advertisement

Yes, they definitely do show for non-subscribers. Is my avatar visible?

Yep. Mine isnt visible though. Just on the touch site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

I'm guessing you have a custom avatar set from the time when you had a subscription?

I'm guessing you have a custom avatar set from the time when you had a subscription?

Yeah, do I can to scrap it and stick up a new one for it to show ?

Scioch wrote: »
    Yeah, do I can to scrap it and stick up a new one for it to show ?

Once a subscription lapses, so do the custom avatars. So you'll either need to resub and restore, or use a canned one from the selections avaiable.

So I just talked to Dav and he's of the opinion that even though your subscription has expired we should still be displaying your custom avatar on the full site as we do on the touch site. So don't change it, I've filed this as a bug to be squashed when we get a few spare minutes :)

Danny

• Advertisement

Once a subscription lapses, so do the custom avatars. So you'll either need to resub and restore, or use a canned one from the selections avaiable.

But this is my point. Its lapsed, doesnt show. Yet shows on the touch site. What gives ?

So I just talked to Dav and he's of the opinion that even though your subscription has expired we should still be displaying your custom avatar on the full site as we do on the touch site. So don't change it, I've filed this as a bug to be squashed when we get a few spare minutes :)

Danny

Thanks Danny.

Danny

That'd be a policy change then, I'll note it in the FAQs a bit later.

That'd be a policy change then, I'll note it in the FAQs a bit later.

I can't honestly say when we'll get the bug fixed that's stopping them from showing but there'd be no harm in making a note of it in the FAQs in the mean time. Hope it doesn't cause too much confusion in the interim period

Danny

I can't honestly say when we'll get the bug fixed that's stopping them from showing but there'd be no harm in making a note of it in the FAQs in the mean time. Hope it doesn't cause too much confusion in the interim period

Danny

Done, and duly noted in the FAQ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Thanks Danny, I've literally just ran into this problem the past two days

• Registered Users Posts: 28,957 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Tallon wrote: »
    Thanks Danny, I've literally just ran into this problem the past two days
    I don't think you understand the word literally. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Quazzie wrote: »
    I don't think you understand the word literally. ;)
    lol

You get what I mean :D

Advertisement