Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Fiber Broadband

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

they are waiting for the go ahead from comreg and other fixed line isp's to come to an agreement on prices and other things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi hoodwinked

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I have requested information on this and i am still waiting for this. I can confirm it is not yet ready to order yet but hope to have some more information for you soon.

Regards

Al

Hi hoodwinked

I have been updated with some information on fibre. Unfortunately we have not yet rolled out eircom fibre broadband commercially and we cannot sell fibre to customers at this time. I do not have a forecast date as to when it will be available to purchase. Apologies for the inconvenience but we will keep you updated.

Regards

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 25 bgraham1

Eircom: Alan
    Does the same go for Donabate? Also showing complete in phase 1.

Please update with estimated availability date.

Moved to eircom specifically for the fiber product over 6 months ago now..

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

bgraham1 wrote: »

Many thanks

Ireland is still a good way off fibre and it would be naive to think otherwise. Its one thing to have fibre, its quite another to have fibre-to-the-home, something that is years away.

• Advertisement

ironclaw wrote: »

Ireland is still a good way off fibre and it would be naive to think otherwise. Its one thing to have fibre, its quite another to have fibre-to-the-home, something that is years away.
    I'd be happy with 50mb fiber to the cabinet, much better than the ngb I'm currently on, I have seen Eircom working on the new cabinets in my estate so I presume it's all physically there now,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

I'd be happy with 50mb fiber to the cabinet, much better than the ngb I'm currently on, I have seen Eircom working on the new cabinets in my estate so I presume it's all physically there now,

True its better than copper, but fibre to the home is really the only way to proceed into the future. The bandwidth just isn't there on copper alone. But it is nice to see Eircom leading the way somewhat.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Those new cabinets will do 50 mbits initially and with a simple mid life upgrade they will do 100mbits + within a few years and to 500 metres line length.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭funnyname

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Those new cabinets will do 50 mbits initially and with a simple mid life upgrade they will do 100mbits + within a few years and to 500 metres line length.

Will that be uncongested or will there be a contention ratio on this form of fibre?

There is always congestion...somewhere. These will have 1gbit backhaul shared by up to 200 clients IIRC. It can be upgraded to 10Gb very cheaply.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Many thanks

Hi bgraham1
    we have been advised that the initial trial rollout was completete and that Fibre will be released as a commercial product early in 2013. As Allen175 has posted this is the time period set to allow other providers access to the fibre network.
    We will have specific dates early in 2013.
    Tony

Hi bgraham1
    we have been advised that the initial trial rollout was completete and that Fibre will be released as a commercial product early in 2013. As Allen175 has posted this is the time period set to allow other providers access to the fibre network.
    We will have specific dates early in 2013.
    Tony
    Thanks for the update Tony..
    Lets hope it's earlier 2013 !

Any Updates on Fiber Broadband being available in Donabate?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Grooonk

Is Firhouse due anytime soon also? Sorry for hijacking.

Any Updates on Fiber Broadband being available in Donabate?

Hi bgraham1

Please see this link for further information : http://community.eircom.net/t5/Service-Updates-and/eircom-Fibre-Broadband/td-p/19450

You will see that the cabling for donabate is complete however Fibre broadband is not available for release yet. Indications show that fibre may be available to the public within the next six months and as soon as it is available we shall make announcements.

Regards

Al

Grooonk wrote: »
    Hi Grooonk

Some lines in Firhouse is served by the Ballyboden exchange and some lines are served by the Tallaght exchange.

Please see tghis link for further info : http://community.eircom.net/t5/Service-Updates-and/eircom-Fibre-Broadband/td-p/19450

They are both complete for cabling however Fibre broadband is not available for release yet. Indications show that fibre may be available to the public within the next six months and as soon as it is available we shall make announcements.

Regards

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Grooonk

Hi Grooonk

Some lines in Firhouse is served by the Ballyboden exchange and some lines are served by the Tallaght exchange.

Please see tghis link for further info : http://community.eircom.net/t5/Service-Updates-and/eircom-Fibre-Broadband/td-p/19450

They are both complete for cabling however Fibre broadband is not available for release yet. Indications show that fibre may be available to the public within the next six months and as soon as it is available we shall make announcements.

Regards

Al

Thank you

Thank you

You are welcome Grooonk

As soon as I have a date on the release of fibre I will make an announcement here on Boards.

Regards

Al

None of the products can be commercially launched before the 13th of May as per a regulatory document released by Comreg today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi Grooonk
    This link details all exchanges to be enabled for Fibre. We will have more information on availability soon.
    Tony

• Advertisement
Advertisement