Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New Door Bell - Help!

• 21-11-2012 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi ,
    Hope someone can help me with this. I bought a new door bell but is is different from the old one.

The old one goes through the transformer and so two wire from the transformer connect to the bell.

The new bell has four slots to connect wires to if using a transformer ( I have attached a drawing from instructions below) 2 from door bell and two from transformer. Problem is, I only have 2 wire coming from the transformer and thats all. I tried connecting one wire into slot 1 and one into slot 4 and different variations but still doesn't work.

Can anyone suggest anything else before I go mad:confused:

Cheers & Thanks
    P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Wait, the button goes through the transformer to the bell?

Update: Image for those who don't have Microsoft Word.

6bQEC.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,755 ✭✭✭meercat

connect the wires you have into 3+4

then link 1+2 with a small piece of cable

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭pmason

Lee thanks for reposting the diagram.

Meercat, your a genius, its working:D

Cheers guys.
    P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

pmason wrote: »
    Lee thanks for reposting the diagram.