Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Capcom register new FG related name...

Options
  • 21-11-2012 2:58pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭

According to the ol' Eventscrubs, Capcom have registered a trademark for "Fighters of Capcom".

It's been a long time since an internal crossover game (Fighting Jam?) and Capcom have made the fanboys rabid for megaman. It's also been some time since Capcom fanboys have had something new to watch and keep the hype going (SFxT seems a long time ago). Hopefully this will be an actual new title, because I think it's time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

It's only been a year since UMvC3...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

One article I read decided entirely on it's own that this is "Capcom Smash Bros" with absolutely no evidence to come to such a conclusion.

Given the nature of Capcom's recent releases/announcements I wouldn't be surprised if it was a "Best of" compilation done by Iron Galaxy.

New game would be cool though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    It's only been a year since UMvC3...

Good thing it has nothing to do with Marvel then?

Right, but we're still playing THAT crossover game.

Eh, let's see what happens first.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I remember feeling incredibly underwhelmed by Fighting Jam when it dropped, but I can't for the life of me remember why. Aaaaaaaanyways, we need more than a name before with can really start speculating.

• Advertisement

deathrider wrote: »
    I remember feeling incredibly underwhelmed by Fighting Jam when it dropped, but I can't for the life of me remember why. Aaaaaaaanyways, we need more than a name before with can really start speculating.

Speculating is usually more fun than the result (re: Darkstalkers) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

capcom vs dc

Speculating is usually more fun than the result (re: Darkstalkers) :)

In which case, I reckon it's a one on one 2D fighter, but all characters are dressed up as pokémon :p

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Street Fighter 5 please Capcom.

With bottom tier Guile and no Honda.

deathrider wrote: »

Because Capcom Fighting Jam was a cobbled-together mess they made after canning development of Capcom Fighting All-Stars.

Also, I'm after learning that the game cut out animation frames to get it to run properly -- so basically, it was a PS2 game with all the limitations of a PS1 port :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I liked the idea of it though, that characters retained the mechanics of the game they came from, and it's anti- counter picking idea. Pity it didn't pan out.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Because Capcom Fighting Jam was a cobbled-together mess they made after canning development of Capcom Fighting All-Stars.

Also, I'm after learning that the game cut out animation frames to get it to run properly -- so basically, it was a PS2 game with all the limitations of a PS1 port :rolleyes:

That's certainly more than I remember from it. Borrowed it, played it for a few fights, thought it felt like junk and gave it back the following day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

ladnopoka wrote: »
    capcom vs dc

Netherrealm have the rights to DC

2gen wrote: »
    Netherrealm have the rights to DC

He was joking, I think :)

BTW I'm not sure if Netherrealm own the rights, it's more they're both owned by Warner.

DISNEY TO BUY CAPCOM

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

And now to quote someone on SRK quoting someone on NeoGaf.
    Lupinko replied to this post on NeoGAF earlier:
    "Even if they wanted to touch Marvel, which they don't, they couldn't as they no longer hold the Marvel licence. It'd be in their best interest to makeI something similar to Capcom Fighting Jam that takes the UMvsC3 engine and replaces the marvel side with Capcom characters (which is rumored to be happening right now)."

Lupinko then says "That certainly sounds interesting there."

Original post shown here:
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=44926803&postcount=58

Lupinko was responsible for a lot of MvC3 leaks so a lot of SRK tends to treat his every word as gospel... even when he's barely saying anything as is the case above.

Advertisement