Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good News For Tipperary Town

Options
  • 21-11-2012 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭

Former Pall Corporation property sold for around €1m

http://www.independent.ie/business/commercial-property/former-pall-corporation-property-sold-for-around-1m-3301248.html

The largest industrial property to sell in the Irish regions this year has been bought for around €1m.

Located in Tipperary Town, the manufacturing facility extends to over 15,965sqm (171,850 sq ft) on a site of 10.4 acres.

It had been a production centre for health care company Pall Corporation from 1997 until it closed last year.

Joint agents BNP Paribas Real Estate and Moynihan Curran negotiated the sale to an established Irish company which is expected to locate operations in the premises.

However, the agents declined to disclose either the price or the name of the buyer.

The agents had been asking €2m for it originally but are believed to have sold it at less than that figure.

Peter Flanagan of BNP Paribas Real Estate commented that the sale was aided by the fact that the property had a good range of existing services including a significant power supply and the building and site had been well maintained.

Kieran Moynihan of Moynihan Curran said the sale was very good news and a vote of confidence for Tipperary Town.

"It would also hopefully lead to new employment being created at this excellent facility in the short to medium term," he added.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭jimmydkid

Great news for the town,hopefully its a decent size employer and its not left idle for much longer

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Magnum

jimmydkid wrote: »
    Great news for the town,hopefully its a decent size employer and its not left idle for much longer

Hopefully with any luck, I'm out of work since Pall closed it's doors......

Magnum wrote: »
    Hopefully with any luck, I'm out of work since Pall closed it's doors......
    Very little employment in the town, hopefully a good few jobs will be created. Any idea of who bought the plant?

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Magnum

Very little employment in the town, hopefully a good few jobs will be created. Any idea of who bought the plant?

Nope, no news leaked out yet, It's a massive plant inside so hopefully someone who will bring a lot of jobs to the area..

Here's hoping..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

I worked a few weeks in pall one summer i was off college about 15 years ago. There were people driving into there from Thurles and Clonmel. I was just after being taken on......yet there were plenty townies on the dole at the time...it'd make you think. Canteen was a disaster though:(

Hope to god something comes of it. Jobs are at a premium all over but especially here. There was a jobs crisis here even in the good times.

op, best of luck. Hope something crops up for you sooner rather than later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭DaveJac

be great if it makes a few jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Good news alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭kagni

Rumour is that it has been bought by ABP meat processors.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭DaveJac

anyone know whats going on in Matt Kavaghna's old place alot of machines in there seem to be clearing the yard?

DaveJac wrote: »
    anyone know whats going on in Matt Kavaghna's old place alot of machines in there seem to be clearing the yard?
    I hope its Aldi , every time im shopping in aldi cahir i meet half of tipp town

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

I hope its Aldi , every time im shopping in aldi cahir i meet half of tipp town

I's not aldi. the town council wont let them in there as they're anxious for them to take the site behing the cinema as the town is so quiet!

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blackbird99

cappawhite plant hire are using it for storage of machines

Advertisement