Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Real or Fake - your preference?

Options
  • 21-11-2012 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I was brought up in a house where real christmas trees were the order of the day every year, I grew up loving that smell that these trees bring and linking that to the great feeling this time of year brings.

Now I have a couple of kids and up until now we have always gone for the real tree but this year I am wondering if its too much hassle...going out in the cold, selecting one that is straight, the correct proportion, that is bushy in all the right places, getting it in and out of the car etc..

Having a fake tree is much quicker to setup, take down and although it doesn't have the smell I love, seems an easier route these days.

What is the general preference for posters on boards?

Will you have a real or fake tree for this Christmas? 0 votes

Real all the way baby!
    0% 0 votes
    Fake for goodness sake!
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I love the smell of real trees, and like you grew up with a real tree, but we have a fake one. It's easier to get a nicely shaped fake one. I don't like the hassle of getting a real one home and into the house either so I don't think it's worth it just for the smell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Thread closed as there is already an open thread on the same topic - here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement