Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kris Kindle ideas

• 21-11-2012 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Thought i would open a thread especially for Kris Kindle presents...... If anyone comes across anything jokey or otherwise for under €15/20, please post underneath :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Cullen82

Really nice Personalised Gifts on Temple Bar Square in the Xmas shop.

They are made of Porcelain (Not the tacky ones you get in the newsagents, Easons etc) - really nice/thoughtful gift to give family, friends or whoever. They can be tailored whatever way you like, Perfect for Kris Kindle - You could put the persons name on it with a message. People keep them for years and put them on their Xmas Trees but this shops in particular are by far the best around, Best value too!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 strawberrytart

Loads of the newbridge Christmas decorations are under €10, and a lovely gift. Also I saw today pigs back have a special offer of a calendar of Irish farmers for €10, bit of a jokey present :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Have a colleague (also a friend) for work Chriskindl. Budget is 10 euro. Don't want to embarrass her with cheeky pressie so was thinking about a personalised bottle of wine. Thoughts pleaseeeeeee

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Nicman

honeybear wrote: »
    Have a colleague (also a friend) for work Chriskindl. Budget is 10 euro. Don't want to embarrass her with cheeky pressie so was thinking about a personalised bottle of wine. Thoughts pleaseeeeeee

What age is she? Is she married/ has kids what's she into? Personalised mug/ canvas? There's a deal on groupon for personalised canvasses where you upload a pic from €14. I know its a little above the budget but if she's also a mate €4 isn't going to break the bank???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Nicman wrote: »
    What age is she? Is she married/ has kids what's she into? Personalised mug/ canvas? There's a deal on groupon for personalised canvasses where you upload a pic from €14. I know its a little above the budget but if she's also a mate €4 isn't going to break the bank???
    She's early 50's, married with kids. Was thinking of a funny charity calendar-nothing too distasteful (she would die) & then a cute little pressie. Any calendar ideas please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭IrishLoriii

Hi everyone,
    I got a part time job about 3 weeks ago and we are doing Chris Kingle this year. I got a lovely bubbly woman who i would say is mid to late 30's.
    Our limit is a little bit over 10 euro and Im not really sure what to buy her.

Im only 16 and a bit worried because she is lovely and I dont want to buy her something she wont enjoy!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Twoandahalfmen

I Got my 13 year old brother no idea what to get him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Moved to Christmas Gift Ideas & Questions.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭IrishLoriii

I got a woman in work mid 30's Id say. She has 3 kids and our limit is 10 euro.
    Help please?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 summer breezer

i always get kris kindle gifts for work in marks and spenser they have a novelty gift section, they have huge oversized mugs with the mister men only 10 euro!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 summer breezer

also the onesies in penneys are a funny secret santa gift option also 10 euro!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,348 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Best to ask the person what they like if they know you got them but if it a secret santa and they don't know find out what they would like if you don't know.

Pigsback have an offer for a personalized number plate for €13, suposed to be for kids but you could have some fun with it!

Also homestore for more have a yankee candle christmas tumbler set for €12.50, lovely gift!

For the €10 gifts....the personalised mugs are good craic - Hairbaby.com have retro mugs for about €12 (€2 over isnt going to break the bank!) with stuff like bosco on it - would be defo suitable for the 30ish year olds. Think retro and eighties....like a bad CD of 80s music or something - loads of under €10 ones on CDWOW.

I ALSO NEED HELP though - really struggling...got my single 50 year old uncle. The budget is €100. He owns a pub and lives over it so no house stuff (or none suitable i can think of). He's into his appearance but fussy so dont want to go clothes or aftershave. PLEASE HELP!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Twoandahalfmen

Nicman wrote: »
    For the €10 gifts....the personalised mugs are good craic - Hairbaby.com have retro mugs for about €12 (€2 over isnt going to break the bank!) with stuff like bosco on it - would be defo suitable for the 30ish year olds. Think retro and eighties....like a bad CD of 80s music or something - loads of under €10 ones on CDWOW.

I ALSO NEED HELP though - really struggling...got my single 50 year old uncle. The budget is €100. He owns a pub and lives over it so no house stuff (or none suitable i can think of). He's into his appearance but fussy so dont want to go clothes or aftershave. PLEASE HELP!!!

50 euro smart phone in vodafone

and another 50 for anything else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭Cheese Princess

Urban Outfitters is great for quirky little Kris Kindle gifts for under €20. I've got mine there the last three years.

Thanks twoandahalfmen... I found a nice jacket since though on Portwest website, very nice!
    On the €20 and under gifts, I noticed while on there some lovely beanie hats and cute gloves etc - especially for women for those of you who got the 30 year old women etc, and some cool Bear Grylls stuff for the lads:
    http://www.portwest.ie/storefront/listproducts.aspx?idcategory=8464&utm_source=galway+members&utm_campaign=20b1f98726-Xmas_Gift_Ideas11_26_2012&utm_medium=email

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭christ on a bike!

Sea monkeys!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭elbee

I once got one of my colleagues in my old job a miniature bottle of Jack Daniels, a miniature of Jack Daniels single barrel and two shot glasses. Under a tenner and he really liked it!

I knew he drank Jack so I figured he'd enjoy trying a less usual version of it, and if he hated it then he could get rid of the taste with the regular stuff.

Thought I'd throw it out there in case miniature booze is a helpful suggestion for anyone here!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 claire1234567

i started my job last week and already have got a kris kindle. the man i got in in his 30s i would imagine. i have never spoken to him and know nothing about him except he is a manager. what do i get for him?

would chocolates be a good bet or a boring bet? or would wine be better? any other ideas? its very hard to get a gift for a man i dont know. perhaps hes an alcoholic.. perhaps he hates chocolate..

• Advertisement

i started my job last week and already have got a kris kindle. the man i got in in his 30s i would imagine. i have never spoken to him and know nothing about him except he is a manager. what do i get for him?

would chocolates be a good bet or a boring bet? or would wine be better? any other ideas? its very hard to get a gift for a man i dont know. perhaps hes an alcoholic.. perhaps he hates chocolate..

I think i'd go with a nivea for men set or something like that in your case, also have a chat to some people you work and ask them maybe?

For anyone with women, i got a lovely body lotion set in New look for €5..... so nice i want to keep it for myself :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

Gonna be honest, most of the stuff people get in kris krindles isn't great unless the person who got them knows them really well.

The Dublin Simon Community have a gift available where you buy a bed for a night for €10 and they send you a star that you can give the person as a token to show that it had been bought in their name.

With so little money going around I know that a lot of people would like to think that the money was going to something decent rather than on tat that will hang around the house/not be used/not be needed etc etc.

A man in his 30s is hard to buy for, usually has settled into preferences with toiletries etc so especially if you don't know him a donation in his name might be far more appreciated?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭msbrobe

Hi everyone
    Arghh....just got a call to say a place where I do some part time work are organising Kris Kringle....it's my first year to be involved and there are rules!!

Cannot be homemade
    No wine/beer etc
    Limit is only €5

would love to be able to find something novelty but €5 is pretty tight (would prefer if it was a tenner at least) and apparently this is part of the challenge!!

Any ideas appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

Car antlers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Hey lads being trying to figure out what to get for this lad I got in my Kris Kindle. My budget is under €15, he is a very sporty person and plays hockey, rugby and played Gaelic/Hurling for a little while. I thought of gettin him a rugby ball but I suppose he already has one. Any ideas?

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    Hey lads being trying to figure out what to get for this lad I got in my Kris Kindle. My budget is under €15, he is a very sporty person and plays hockey, rugby and played Gaelic/Hurling for a little way. I thought of gettin him a rugby ball but I suppose he already has one. Any ideas?

I saw a rugby shooting game pack yesterday in Easons for €4.99 i think. Good as a desk present i think......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭Turkish1

Hi guys,

I have seen there are a few of these threads but myself and a friend in work have to buy for a Mother and Son in work.

We wanted to get something humorous for them together instead of individually.

We had thought of getting both of them matching onesie's but when we told someone in work they robbed the idea!! I am raging about it but its done now.

Budget is €10-€20 each so €20-€40 together, really struggling for ideas and could do with any help as something humorous for both that are linked.

All help appreciated.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Playboy for the son and Playgirl for the mum. Or vice versa. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭Turkish1

Playboy for the son and Playgirl for the mum. Or vice versa. :D

I know you were prob joking but i Was thinking something along those lines as they take a joke well. It's in work though and while I have bought from Ann summers every year (plenty of choc boobs etc before) that might just crosses the line as to how far I would push the line.

• Advertisement
Advertisement