Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season One, Week 12 results

Options
  • 21-11-2012 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭

Both Saints and Panthers fans will be delighted to hear tonight that the Buccaneers have beaten divisional rivals Atlanta Falcons 21-27.

will put report u later but 6 int's from Ryan tells the story well enough.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

gufc21 wrote: »
    Both Saints and Panthers fans will be delighted to hear tonight that the Buccaneers have beaten divisional rivals Atlanta Falcons 21-27.

will put report u later but 6 int's from Ryan tells the story well enough.

bullsh*t game, couldn't throw the ball for the lag. Not impressed ea servers!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Lukebray wrote: »

bullsh*t game, couldn't throw the ball for the lag. Not impressed ea servers!

I didn't get any lag mate. There were two points when it did that reloading thing but they were both before the snap.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Cheers Buccs. So the Panthers went to the Linc in Philly, and here's how it went.

Quarter 1:
    Having to be helped up quite a bit by his failing line, Newton and Smith took it down the field, and Armanti Edwards caught a 7 yard TD pass.

Score: Panther 7-0 Eagles

Quarter 2:
    After a boneheaded Cam Newton pick (though no one would've blamed him had he taken out a gun and fired on his line, the protection was shocking and the Eagles had serious commitment to having a strong pass rush) the Eagles were stopped on 3rd and goal on the Panthers 1 yard line and settled for a FG with 1:28 left in the first half.

On the first play from scrimmage of the Panthers drive, Steve Smith caught a 74 yard TD pass on an underneath route, skinning the whole Eagles defense.

It went from bad to worse for the Eagles, as Vick threw a 35 yard pick 6 to Josh Norman, not his first pick six and probably not his last either.

Then after a 3 and out they had to punt, and Joseph Adams, with no time left, took the ball, ran to the left sideline, and cut the whole way back, breaking some tackles and just about dodging some defenders before scoring in the corner.

HT Score: Panthers 28-3 Eagles

Quarter 3:
    The Eagles had to punt, or maybe were intercepted, I'm not sure. The point is Jonathan Stewart went on a 46 yard TD run.

On the Eagles next drive, a shocking drop and a catch just before the ball hit the ground for Jon Beason, and he ran it in 37 yards for the score.

Finally the Eagles got something going, and Brent Celek caught a 5 yard TD pass.

Score after 3: Panther 42-10 Eagles

Quarter 4:
    Most of this quarter consisted of the Panther running out the clock, and after a 46 yard gallop by Williams, Justin Medlock kicked a 27 yard FG.

The Eagles punted and the Panthers ran the clock out.

FT Score: Panthers 45-10 Eagles

The game was over early, but the Eagles will be fuming about most every score they gave up. Some fluke in there admittedly.

Stats:
    Cam Newton: 7 attempts, 5 completions for 156 yards, 2 TDs and an interception.
    Michael Vick: 26 attempts, 15 completions, 127 yards, 1 TD and 4 INTs.

Jonathan Stewart: 17 rushes, 101 yards, 1 TD
    DeAngelo Williams: 1 rush, 46 yards
    Cam Newton: 4 rushes, 14 yards
    LeSean McCoy: 12 rushes, 67 yards

Steve Smith: 4 catches, 149 yards, 1 TD
    Armanti Edwards: 1 catch, 7 yards, 1 TD
    DeSean Jackson: 7 catches for 60 yards
    Brent Celek: 5 catches, 54 yards, 1 TD

Eagles defense had 5 sacks, pretty impressive as Cam Newton only had 7 attempts, Babin had 2 sacks, while Jenkins, Matthews and Jordan had one each. Rodgers-Cromartie had an interception.

Hardy and Johnson had a sack each for the Panthers, while Beason and Gamble had a pick each, Norman coming up with 2, Norman and Beason with TDs. Now the Panthers have a ridiculous 10 defensive TDs to go with 4 special teams TDs on the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Browns kiss their playoffs hopes goodbye after losing to the CPU Steelers

I suck at this game!!

Everyone else is running up the score against the CPU and I lose :rolleyes:

AFC North will be an epic battle between the Steelers and Ravens

I shall be happy with an 8-8 record

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Next year mike!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Next year mike!

Yeah, I mean...you are the Browns like!

8-8 would be amazing in real life

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Browns kiss their playoffs hopes goodbye after losing to the CPU Steelers

I suck at this game!!

Everyone else is running up the score against the CPU and I lose :rolleyes:

AFC North will be an epic battle between the Steelers and Ravens

I shall be happy with an 8-8 record

I narrowly beat them, they're tough enough!

Aye, there's next year

Just hurts even more as I was 4-1 at one stage :(

I won't give up though, 100% effort for every game

I can be the spoiler :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Aye, there's next year

Just hurts even more as I was 4-1 at one stage :(

I won't give up though, 100% effort for every game

I can be the spoiler :P

No I say you go mad,try crazy new things,play your RB at QB,I suggest trying these things in week 16

Josh Cribbs and a wildcat offense :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

Colts 35 Bills 28

Colts defence was terrible here, lucky in the end to get the win, gave away 2 sloppy TD's in the 2nd quarter. Bills recievers wide open for big yardage gain TD'S, anyway heres the main stats from the game.

COLTS
    Luck 13/17 attempts, 234 yards, 2 TD's.
    Brown 27 rushing attempts, 180 yards, 3 TD's.
    Fleener 7 receptions, 76 yards, 1 TD.
    Collie 1 reception, 73 yards, 1 TD.

BILLS.
    Fitzpatrick 11/21 attempts, 323 yards, 3 TD's.
    Jackson 14 rushing attempts, 74 yards, 1 TD.
    Smith 2 receptions, 107 yards, 2 TD's
    Jones 3 receptions, 110 yards, 1 TD.

Colts TY Hilton also recieved a broken collarbone :eek: in the game and will be out for a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Colts 35 Bills 28

Colts defence was terrible here, lucky in the end to get the win, gave away 2 sloppy TD's in the 2nd quarter. Bills recievers wide open for big yardage gain TD'S, anyway heres the main stats from the game.

COLTS
    Luck 13/17 attempts, 234 yards, 2 TD's.
    Brown 27 rushing attempts, 180 yards, 3 TD's.
    Fleener 7 receptions, 76 yards, 1 TD.
    Collie 1 reception, 73 yards, 1 TD.

BILLS.
    Fitzpatrick 11/21 attempts, 323 yards, 3 TD's.
    Jackson 14 rushing attempts, 74 yards, 1 TD.
    Smith 2 receptions, 107 yards, 2 TD's
    Jones 3 receptions, 110 yards, 1 TD.

Colts TY Hilton also recieved a broken collarbone :eek: in the game and will be out for a few weeks.

I feel the game wasn;t as close as the score suggests. I honsetly thought after I went 14-0 down that I was in for a pasting.

Some of my play on D was panicked. I had seemingly no way to stop your running.

wp :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Chiefs 27 Broncos 10

This was a contest for about 2 and a 1/2 quarters until the animal Hillis came to town.
    Not to get into the nitty gritty of the game,broncos played well for the first half,played decent defense,level at half time.Chiefs totally blew them out of the water in the 2nd half though.
    GG Berty,looking forward to the return fixture hopefully with Demaryius Thomas back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Yep, Perrin was underselling himself and his Broncos coming into this one. 10 seconds into the game and one superb kickoff return later the Broncos were up by a TD. Chiefs were forced to punt and a good Broncos drive yielded a FG. 10-0 and Perrin's pre-match worries were proving unjustified. Broncos continued to play great defence but experience told and the Chiefs found some good plays to get on the scoreboard. The wind bug ( it going the opposite to what showing ) was instrumental when a 7mpg wind actually assisted Succop in kicking 55yd FG off the crossbar.

Chiefs got their running game going and Peyton Hillis produced some quite outstanding runs. He managed to barrel his way right up the middle for a number of 10+yards on simple runs. Chiefs built up a lead with TD's from Charles, Hillis and McCluster and knowing the Broncos had to pass enabled them to shut the game out.

The return fixture at the end of the season will definitely be more interesting when Thomas returns for the home team.

Really great chatting, best of luck for the rest of the season !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Beat the CPU chargers by a score. I can defend fine against the computer teams but I just can't score! Anyway it puts me in great position in the division, but the real test is next week when Etlovelsd comes back home. A win there will give me a great chance of winning the division.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Unsurprisingly, Redskins demolish Cowboys.

Also in news you could have guessed, Romo throws 5 INTs

And DeMarcus Ware injures himself when slamming the not-exactly-beefy RG3 to the floor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Rams vs cards
    Rams 16
    Cardinals 24
    Quite a close game, a couple of passing mistakes led to a couple of interceptions on both sides!
    Skelton threw 16 attempts with 11 completions for 180 yards
    Bradford threw 21 for 10 completions for 122 yards
    Larry Fitz had 7 receptions for 125 yards and 1TD

And 1 one pick 6 each,
    Good game Rory, good luck with the rest of the season!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Titans @ Jags and it's on!

Titans win the toss and elect to receive, Titans have a 3 and out so do the Jags..
    Titans go PA and get picked off
    Titans have the Jags on 3rd and 5.. on the 5! it should be a pick but instead they Jags get to kick 3

Titans struggle and punt again, Jags get a TD after a good drive

0-10 Jags
    Titans punt.. bit of a pattern here..
    Titan have the Jags on 3rd down a couple of times.. but they make them and MJD gets a passing TD

0-17 Jags inside the 2.

Titans make a key first down!! but its ruled out of bounds by the booth
    Titans make it! but a fumble after the catch, Jags recover!

LAst second FG!
    0-20 Jags at the half and Jags to receive

MJD really kicking into gear..

Wil Witherspoon watches the ball sail by his head on 3rd down
    Fumble by MJD! Titans recover... booth review.... JAgs get the decision :mad:

TD Jags.. 0-26
    Titans first pass is picked..
    Encroachment penalty against the Titans

TD Jags..

0-34 JAgs

Another pick for the Titans
    Facemask penalty against the Titans
    TD Jags..

0-41 Jags..
    Another pick...
    Jags miss a FG woooo:D:D

Another pick..

Missed FG

Another pick..
    Jags deliver clemency and kneel it out!

Some Stats:

Titans with 149 yards, 6 rushing
    Jags with 375 yards, 219 rushing

Titans with 7 turnovers..and 0% 3rd down efficiency

Locker with a rating of 14.. 8 from 23, 127 yards..
    Tebo with a rating of 137, 9 from 13 163 yards, 1 TD

MJD 40 carries, 204 yards, 4 TDs and 1 receiving TD

C2J.. 4 carries.. 6 yards..

Not much to say, Madden did not want the Titans to win this... a heavy defeat but Mikey played well and put MJD to use!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Titans 0-41 Jaguars.

:eek:

Where to start with this one... I will just say, I have never seen one player have such lousy luck in a video game in my entire gaming career. It was as if Heli slept with Madden 13's wife and it was pissed, and it let him know on nearly every play. I'm talking dropped passes, catches on the sideline overturned and ruled out of bounds, my fumbles overturned, defensive players not reacting to balls flying past their helmets. I actually felt guilty at the end when almost every pass Locker attempted landed in the arm of a Jaguar. It's the first Madden game where absolutely everything went in my favour.

Tim Tebow was almost flawless. A humble 9 for 13 for 163 yards and 1 TD, but almost all of his passes were huge 3rd down convertions.
    In comparison, Locker was 8 for 23 for 0 TD's and 6 INT's.

Maurice Jones-Drew made a statement tonight. Chris Johnson (who was leading the MVP race ahead of MJD) was held to 6 yards rushing, whereas MJD had 204 yards, 4 rushing TD's and 1 receiving TD.

My defence who normally drop everything were a pack of vultures tonight.

Time of possession made me do a double take, Titans: 4mins, Jags: 28mins. Crazy stuff. It really was a strange one and I know the return fixture will be A LOT closer.

Heli, thanks for the chat and again, sorry for the luck. As a peace offering I will make you that Chris Johnson sig... That is if you still want it and havent taken him and Locker out back and shot them.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Heli, thanks for the chat and again, sorry for the luck. As a peace offering I will make you that Chris Johnson sig... That is if you still want it and havent taken him and Locker out back and shot them.

Mate I'd be taking the Hass sig at this rate!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Held for 6 yards rushing!!! :-o

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    Held for 6 yards rushing!!! :-o

Due to Locker's fondness for my D-backs he only had the ball for 4mins, and most of that where the clock was against him so pass was the only option, which lead to more interceptions.

The turning point of the game was I think just after Half Time, I had a 20-0 lead and the ball in Titans territory, MJD fumbled and the titans recovered, but the booth reviewed it and gave it back to me. I got the TD a few plays later. From then on it was me running the ball out and Locker throwing picks.

Mate I'd be taking the Hass sig at this rate!!

Settle for this then?

HeliCJsig.jpg
    http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h230/mikeyt086/HeliCJsig.jpg

He'll probably get MVP anyway. ;)

Mikey... Looks super... One issue... You spelt my name wrong!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

That looks class!!

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

wait.....we can have sigs? Also whats all this MVP talk about when leaving Peterson out? ;)

Vikings 35 - Bears 38

Close game, vikings behind for majority of game. less than 2 minute on the clock vikings have the ball, I blew it.

Threw a pick, allowing the bears to drive down the field to score a FG. Gutted.

5-6, playoffs are out of the picture for me now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Unsurprisingly, Redskins demolish Cowboys.

Also in news you could have guessed, Romo throws 5 INTs

And DeMarcus Ware injures himself when slamming the not-exactly-beefy RG3 to the floor

Thanks a lot for the game Rob, sorry for having to fly off straight away!!

Your first two drives were very good but luckily Orakpo stopped both 3rd down attempts in the red zone, forcing fields goals, meaning I could stretch out the lead, which meant you had to air it out more than you would have liked too. See you in week 17 :D

Mikey... Looks super... One issue... You spelt my name wrong!!!

Derp! Not a bother, still have the .psd file. While I'm editing it do you want Kaiche or Helimachoptor?
    HowAreWe wrote: »
    wait.....we can have sigs? Also whats all this MVP talk about when leaving Peterson out? ;)

Vikings 35 - Bears 38

Close game, vikings behind for majority of game. less than 2 minute on the clock vikings have the ball, I blew it.

Threw a pick, allowing the bears to drive down the field to score a FG. Gutted.

5-6, playoffs are out of the picture for me now.

The MVP talk leaving AP out is because I'm pretty sure in order to be MVP you have to lead your team to a winning season :D Nah in fariness I was just going by the MVP thing on the Connected Career, said 1. CJ2K, 2. MJD, 3. Locker, 4. RGIII if I recall correctly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

RGIII should be winning MVP hands down :p

130 QB Rating!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

The MVP talk leaving AP out is because I'm pretty sure in order to be MVP you have to lead your team to a winning season :Dl

Next year now,next year you just watch out for those vikes....... :pac:

Advertisement