Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newborough Estate,Gorey

Options
  • 21-11-2012 5:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Can any one tell me what Newborough estate in Gorey is like to live in,I have been looking at a house in the area but not knowing much about the area I would appreciate your opinion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

I'll take a spin down there on my bike and report back ;)

Best ask the mods to move it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Someone should invent GPS for forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gerard1234

Can anyone tell me what Newborough Estate in Gorey is like, I have been looking at a house in this area and I'm seriously thinking of putting an offer on it but would like to find out what the area is like to live in.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

The Gorey area, like most of north Wexford, is kind of "rolling" countryside. Not flat but no big climbs. The N11 there is actually an M-road, so no cycling allowed, unlike the sections around Wexford town or Enniscorthy. Revolve is the name of the bike shop there, very nice showroom and website. No mountain-biking there that I know of.

That's all the cycling-related biz in Gorey I think! Slipstream Cycling Club meet every weekend in Gorey for a training spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Lads, ye went too hard, account closed already

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Moved from cycling

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

gman2k wrote: »
    Lads, ye went too hard, account closed already

But my post was so helpful!

And now that the thread has been moved, my post makes no sense :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Emma77

I have just moved to The Paddocks in Gorey which I love, I have a friend that also wants to move to the Gorey area and is at the moment looking at house in Newborough. Can anyone tell me what this estate is like and would she be making a good move by buying there

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Ryan T

Emma77 wrote: »
    I have just moved to The Paddocks in Gorey which I love, I have a friend that also wants to move to the Gorey area and is at the moment looking at house in Newborough. Can anyone tell me what this estate is like and would she be making a good move by buying there

It's a very well kept estate with a very active residents committee

Handy for town

But it's a large estate and the houses aren't the best built houses I've ever seen

Also many of the houses are rented

Probably one of the cheaper estates to buy a house in on that side of town

Advertisement